How do I change my Avatar photo?

• Thread starter Orion1
  • Start date
In summary, to change your Avatar photo on your profile, click on your current photo, go to your profile page, and click on the pencil icon to upload a new photo or choose from your existing ones. This can also be done on the mobile app. To upload a custom photo, select the "Upload Photo" option and choose the desired photo. There is a recommended size limit of 400x400 pixels for Avatar photos, and if your photo is larger, it will be resized. If your new photo is not showing up, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache, and make sure your photo meets the size and format requirements.
Orion1

I figured out how to change my profile photo, but not my Avatar photo.

Physics news on Phys.org
Orion1 said:

I figured out how to change my profile photo, but not my Avatar photo.

I'm not sure how you have avatar. You're not supposed to have an avatar unless you've PF membership.

Orion1 is one of our oldest members. I think you had an avatar before we had gold membership. Now you can only have an avatar with supporter membership :)

1. How do I change my Avatar photo on my profile?

To change your Avatar photo on your profile, first click on your current Avatar photo. This will take you to your profile page. Then, click on the pencil icon on your Avatar photo. This will allow you to upload a new photo or choose from your existing photos to set as your Avatar.

2. Can I change my Avatar photo on the mobile app?

Yes, you can change your Avatar photo on the mobile app. Simply tap on your current Avatar photo on your profile page and follow the same steps as changing it on the desktop site.

3. How do I upload a custom Avatar photo?

To upload a custom Avatar photo, follow the same steps as changing your Avatar on your profile page. Instead of choosing from your existing photos, click on the "Upload Photo" option and select the photo you want to use as your Avatar.

4. Is there a size limit for Avatar photos?

Yes, there is a recommended size limit for Avatar photos. The ideal size for Avatar photos is 400x400 pixels. If your photo is larger, it will be automatically resized to fit the limit.

5. Why is my new Avatar photo not showing up?

If your new Avatar photo is not showing up, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If the issue persists, make sure you have followed all the steps correctly and that your photo meets the size limit and format requirements.