Thread Closed - Just asking why

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
In summary, there was a thread on the website physicsforums.com that was closed and it is common practice for a post to be made when closing a thread. The reason for the closure was not specified, but it was mentioned that the topic being discussed was difficult to navigate within the site's rules. The thread was intended to be temporarily moderated and it is unclear if that has happened and what the outcome of any decision may be. The discussion in the thread became heated and many posts were deleted due to religious objections.
StevieTNZ
www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=702495

I see that thread has been closed.

Although it is not a rule, it seems convention on PF.com that a post is made when closing a thread.

Not to challenge why it was closed, but am curious as to why it was closed. I admit it is a difficult subject to discuss, where boundaries are close to following the rules/not following the rules.

Regards,
Stevie

Physics news on Phys.org
It seems that the thread was to be in temporary moderation, not closed.

Just wondering if it has been moderated yet, and the outcome of any decision made.

The thread kept getting out of control, more posts were deleted due to religious objections to the posts then there were posts remaining.

What does it mean when a thread is closed?

When a thread is closed, it means that users can no longer post new comments or replies on that particular discussion. This is usually done by moderators or administrators in order to maintain the forum's organization and prevent further arguments or off-topic discussions.

Why was my thread closed?

There are several reasons why a thread may be closed. It could be due to violating the forum's rules or guidelines, being a duplicate of another thread, or simply because the discussion has reached its natural conclusion. If you are unsure why your thread was closed, you can reach out to the moderators for clarification.

Can I still view a closed thread?

Yes, you can still view a closed thread and read through the existing comments and replies. However, you will not be able to add new comments or replies to the discussion.

Can a closed thread be reopened?

In most cases, yes, a closed thread can be reopened by moderators or administrators. However, this is usually done in rare circumstances and at their discretion. If you believe a closed thread should be reopened, you can reach out to the moderators and explain your reasoning.

How can I prevent my thread from being closed?

To prevent your thread from being closed, make sure to read and follow the forum's rules and guidelines. Avoid posting off-topic comments or engaging in arguments with other users. If you have any questions about the forum's rules, you can reach out to the moderators for clarification before posting.