Helicopter Velocity in Relation to Ground with Wind

In summary, the conversation revolves around a question involving a helicopter's air speed and direction, and the wind velocity. The speaker is seeking help with converting speeds to velocity and is willing to wait for an answer. However, it is mentioned that the amount of time has already passed for them to receive help.
F.B
I really need help with these questions they are too hard.

Anyways the question is:

A helicopter travels with an air speed of 55 m/s. The helicopter heads in the direction [35 degrees N of W]. What is velocity relative to the ground if the wind velocity is (a) 21 m/s [E] and (b) 21 m/s [22 degrees W of N]?

I need to converst the speeds to velocity but i don't have time to convert them to displacements. So can anyone please help me?

Physics news on Phys.org
I figure it should take you about 10 minutes if you do it by hand, 5 if you use a calculator. Since that amount of time has already passed, it's clear that it is too late for me to help you!

Ummm i have all day to wait for an answer

1. What is relative motion?

Relative motion refers to the movement of an object in relation to another object. It takes into account both the speed and direction of the objects.

2. How is relative motion different from absolute motion?

Absolute motion refers to the movement of an object in relation to a fixed point, such as the Earth's surface. Relative motion, on the other hand, considers the movement of an object in relation to another object, which may also be in motion.

3. What is the importance of relative motion in physics?

Relative motion is important in physics because it helps us understand the relationships between moving objects and the forces acting upon them. It is also crucial in determining the velocity and acceleration of objects.

4. Can relative motion be measured?

Yes, relative motion can be measured using various techniques such as radar, GPS, and other motion tracking technologies. These methods allow us to calculate the speed and direction of objects in relation to each other.

5. How does the concept of relative motion apply to our everyday lives?

We experience relative motion in our everyday lives when we are in a moving vehicle, such as a car or a train. The objects outside the vehicle may appear to be moving in relation to us, but they are actually stationary. This is an example of relative motion.