Discover the Ultimate Consolidated Book List for Physics Topics at PF

• Thread starter physicsnoob93
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book List
In summary, the conversation revolves around creating a consolidated book list for different topics in physics on PF. A search was conducted but only individual threads were found. One person shares their compiled reading list and asks for suggestions. A comprehensive list is also shared, but it does not include some recommended books on quantum mechanics. The conversation ends with someone asking for permission to post the list directly on the forum.
physicsnoob93
Hi.

So, I was wondering if there's a consolidated book list for different topics in Physics at PF. If not, we could make one here! I ran a search, I didn't really find anything except individual threads for specific topics.

Anyone interested? Feel free to start.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here is my compiled reading list, it is by no means extensive. Check it out, let me know what you think. I'll gladly add suggestions wherever they seem fit.

Attachments

• gfd.pdf
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,018
Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

None of these excellent books on quantum mechanics appear on either of the lists:

Introduction to quantum mechanics, by David Griffiths
Lectures on quantum theory: mathematical and structural foundations, by Chris Isham
Quantum mechanics: a modern development, by Leslie Ballentine

I haven't read Griffiths myself, but it's been getting a lot of recommendations here, so I trust that it's good. I also read a few pages to check it out, and I got a very good first impression.

Added, thanks

Do any of you mind if I put the list directly as a post in this forum?

It's not my list, so I can't give permission.

1. What is a consolidated book list?

A consolidated book list is a comprehensive list of all the books that have been published by a particular publisher or organization. It includes both current and out-of-print titles, and can serve as a helpful reference for researchers, librarians, and book enthusiasts.

2. How is a consolidated book list different from a regular book list?

A consolidated book list differs from a regular book list in that it includes titles from multiple sources, typically from a specific publisher or organization. It is often more extensive and detailed, providing information such as publication dates, ISBN numbers, and author names.

3. Why are consolidated book lists important?

Consolidated book lists are important because they offer a comprehensive overview of a publisher's or organization's publications, making it easier to track down specific titles or authors. They can also be useful for identifying trends or gaps in a publisher's catalog.

4. How are consolidated book lists created?

Consolidated book lists are typically created by compiling information from various sources, such as the publisher's website, library catalogs, and online databases. This information is then organized and formatted into a single list, often using spreadsheet software.

5. Are consolidated book lists available for all publishers?

No, consolidated book lists are only available for publishers or organizations that have compiled and published them. Not all publishers have consolidated book lists, but many larger publishing houses or organizations do offer them as a resource for readers and researchers.