Help An asighment about Matlab programing

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter kidd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, the conversation is about a student needing help with an assignment on MATLAB programming. The assignment involves simulating the interaction of multiple charges in free space and finding the resultant electric field on a specific point charge. The student does not know how to use MATLAB and is asking for assistance. They are also given some tips on creating arrays and using formulas in MATLAB. The student is under time pressure to learn the language and complete the assignment.
kidd
Help~~An asighment about Matlab programing!

I don't know how to do this!I never lern Matlab, i have try to use it, but don't know y cannot compile!Please help me do this assighment,i need to pass up it at tomorrow morning...

Procedure:
1.Write a program to simulate the interaction of multiple charges in a free space.
2.The charge and position carry by each point charges as follows

Q1 = [tex]5\mu C[/tex] at the position(9,6,8)
Q2 = [tex]9\mu C[/tex] at the position(6,8,5)
Q3 = [tex]6\mu C[/tex] at the position(8,5,9)
Q4 = [tex]8\mu C[/tex] at the position(5,9,6)

3.Find the resultant electric field aon a [tex]7\mu C[/tex] point charce at (-1,4,8)

4.Result of electric must in the form of [tex]A_{x}\hat{a}_{x}+A_{y}\hat{a}_{y}+A_{z}\hat{a}_{z}[/tex]

5.Write explanation of the program listing.

PLEASE!PLEASE!Anyone know how to do it,please help me write this program!Thank you...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
By simulate I am going to assume you are saying calculate.

In this case you will need an array of values for C

eg. This is how you create an array.

Goto file>new>mfile

C=[1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10]; etc

then you need to identify what mew is by;

mew=(Whatever mew is);

then type in the formula such as

Q=mew*C;

when you run this it should give you another array with the answers up in the command window.

How come you have been asked to use MATLAB if you have never done it before?

hope this helps for Q1

dont understand!I don't know the language of matlab...I just know VB and C++...
My lecturer ask us for this...he require us to lern, but more few days is end test already!No more time to lern it...
Please help me...Please...

1. What is Matlab programming?

Matlab programming is a high-level programming language that is commonly used for scientific and numerical computing. It allows users to easily manipulate and analyze large sets of data, create complex mathematical algorithms, and develop visualizations.

2. Why is Matlab programming useful for scientific research?

Matlab programming is useful for scientific research because it offers a wide range of built-in functions and tools for data analysis and visualization, making it easier for researchers to process and interpret their data. It also allows for the creation of complex mathematical models and simulations.

3. Can I use Matlab programming for machine learning?

Yes, Matlab programming has a powerful machine learning toolbox that includes algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, and deep learning. It also has tools for data preprocessing and feature selection, making it a popular choice for machine learning applications.

4. Is Matlab programming difficult to learn?

While Matlab programming may seem intimidating at first, it is considered to be relatively easy to learn compared to other programming languages. Its syntax is similar to that of other high-level languages like Python and its extensive documentation and online resources make it accessible for beginners.

5. Can I use Matlab programming for data visualization?

Yes, Matlab programming has powerful built-in tools for creating visualizations such as 2D and 3D plots, charts, and graphs. It also allows for the customization of these visualizations, making it a popular choice for data analysis and presentation.