Chocolate Fondue Party: Invite Friends & Enjoy!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Friends
In summary, my boss went to a party where the chocolate fountain got clogged and blew up. The less expensive models do not have a good heater control and people just throw chucks of chocolate into the fountain to replenish it.
Physics news on Phys.org
But wolram, I already have one of these!

http://www.chefscatalog.com/images/catalog/large/20321_lg.jpg [Broken]

It may be smaller than what you have (oh dear, this is now beginning to sound like my chocolate fondue fountain is bigger than your chocolate fondue fountain), but I am seriously considering having that on for the next PF Unofficial Gathering in Chicago this March.

:)

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you have one of those the ladies will visit. :approve:

Can I come as well?

Awww Wolram, you don't need anything special to tempt me to come over. :smile:

I want to come too

Evo said:
Awww Wolram, you don't need anything special to tempt me to come over. :smile:

Yipppe, my heart is pounding:biggrin: but will you need an hot water bottle:cry:

arildno said:
Can I come as well?

I would welcome all PFers, i just hope you will all forgive the sparsness of my cott.

ZapperZ said:
But wolram, I already have one of these!

http://www.chefscatalog.com/images/catalog/large/20321_lg.jpg [Broken]

It may be smaller than what you have (oh dear, this is now beginning to sound like my chocolate fondue fountain is bigger than your chocolate fondue fountain), but I am seriously considering having that on for the next PF Unofficial Gathering in Chicago this March.

:)

Zz.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
My boss went to a party where they had one of these things, and she said somehow it had gotten clogged with chocolate and it BLEW UP!111

Math Is Hard said:
My boss went to a party where they had one of these things, and she said somehow it had gotten clogged with chocolate and it BLEW UP!111

The cheap ones do not have a very good heater control. You can get the cheap ones for less than ... oh, $60 or so. If the fountain recommends that you melt your chocolate FIRST before pouring it into the fountain, chances are it doesn't have a good heater to maintain the chocolate in liquid form.

Also, someone people just throw chucks of chocolate into the fountain to replenish it after it has started running. That's a complete no-no.

Zz.

Math Is Hard said:

Truth be told, I'd welcome being caught in that blast.

Zapper, my boss did mention that the party host had purchased the fountain, so I believe it was one of the less expensive models. Probably didn't have the best heater, like you said.

Matthyaouw, it sounded kinda fun to me, too, but the problem was that the host was throwing a rather formal dinner party, and well.. I'm sure a few dry cleaning bills were to him sent in the week following! Still, I'm sure the guests will be talking about that party for years. It would have made a perfect "Three Stooges" scene!

What is chocolate fondue?

Chocolate fondue is a dessert dish where pieces of fruit or other foods are dipped into melted chocolate. It is typically served at parties or gatherings and is a fun and interactive way to enjoy chocolate.

What ingredients do I need for a chocolate fondue party?

The main ingredients you will need for a chocolate fondue party are chocolate, heavy cream, and your choice of dippable foods such as fruit, cookies, or pretzels. You can also add in other ingredients like liqueur or spices to customize the flavor.

What equipment do I need for a chocolate fondue party?

You will need a fondue pot or a slow cooker to melt and keep the chocolate warm. You will also need skewers or forks for dipping, and plates or bowls for holding the dippable foods.

How do I set up a chocolate fondue party?

First, set up the fondue pot or slow cooker with the melted chocolate. Then, arrange the dippable foods on plates or bowls around the pot. Make sure to provide enough skewers or forks for everyone. You can also decorate the table with flowers or other decorations for a festive touch.

What are some tips for a successful chocolate fondue party?

Some tips for a successful chocolate fondue party include using high-quality chocolate, keeping the chocolate warm but not too hot, and providing a variety of dippable foods. It's also a good idea to have extra utensils and napkins on hand, and to remind guests to be careful when dipping to avoid any accidents.