PCI Graphics Card for Gaming Under 70 Euro - Recommendations?

• Thread starter Doc G
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graphics
In summary, the conversation reveals that the person is looking for a graphics card that can run newer games at a budget of 70 euros. It is mentioned that a PCI card is not suitable and at least an AGP is needed, preferably from the NVidia Geforce 6 series or higher or ATIxXXX or higher. It is also noted that Oblivion may require extensive hacking to run on anything less than these specifications. The person also asks for recommendations for a card that fits the budget. It is mentioned that BF2 can be run on an AGP version of NVidia's FX5200 256mb graphics card, but the performance may be affected by the slower interface compared to AGP. It is also noted that AG
Doc G
Hey everyone- a friend of mine is looking to buy a new PCI [not PCI express] graphics card- he justs wants something that will be able to run most new games - though not at any great quality.
Does anyone know if a graphics card ~70 euro would be able to run games such as Oblivion and Battlefield 2.. etc? and also could anyone recommend a card that would fit the budget?

Thanks very much

Computer science news on Phys.org
Not on PCI. You'll need at least AGP. and a Geforce 6 series or higher or ATIxXXX or higher. Obliviion is only really playable on anything less with some extensive hacking (someone has in fact done it and released an executable that works on older cards). Don't know about Battlefield 2.

Many thanks for the reply.
I myself have been able to run BF2 on the AGP version of NVidia's FX5200 256mb graphics card.
NVidia also produce a PCI version of this card but will the performance be the same or is it affected by the slower interface [PCI vs AGP]?
Thanks again..

No chance of running any remotely modern game on a PCI frisbee. :)
AGP still has life in it and if I'm not mistaken, ALL modern games can be played on AGP versions of current cards.

BF2 uses a LOT of texture memory, often reserving DRAM space for textures. You gameplay (fps ) with BF2 is directly proportional to the amount of DRAM and VRAM. Ofcourse, you can turn off AA and AF completely and try 1024 x 786, but that would load the CPU. Not to mention that your gameplay would be severely impaired.

1. What is the best PCI graphics card for gaming under 70 Euros?

It is difficult to determine the "best" graphics card as it ultimately depends on personal preferences and the specific needs of your gaming setup. However, some popular options for gaming under 70 Euros include the Nvidia GTX 1650, AMD Radeon RX 570, and the Nvidia GT 1030.

2. Can I play modern games with a PCI graphics card under 70 Euros?

Yes, you can play modern games with a PCI graphics card under 70 Euros. However, you may need to adjust the game's graphics settings to achieve optimal performance. It is also important to consider other factors such as your CPU and RAM when determining the overall gaming capabilities of your PC.

3. Can I upgrade my current PCI graphics card to a better one for under 70 Euros?

It is possible to upgrade your current PCI graphics card to a better one for under 70 Euros. However, it is important to make sure that your PC's power supply and motherboard are compatible with the new graphics card. You may also need to uninstall the old graphics card's drivers and install the new ones for optimal performance.

4. What features should I look for in a PCI graphics card for gaming?

When looking for a PCI graphics card for gaming, some important features to consider include the graphics card's memory (VRAM), clock speed, and compatible ports. It is also important to ensure that the graphics card is compatible with your PC's power supply and motherboard.

5. Are there any other factors besides price that I should consider when purchasing a PCI graphics card for gaming under 70 Euros?

Yes, besides price, it is important to consider the brand and reputation of the graphics card, as well as any additional features such as overclocking capabilities or included software. It is also helpful to read reviews and do research on the specific graphics card you are interested in before making a purchase.