Physics degrees taught in english in europe?

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for universities in Europe, excluding the UK, that offer bachelor degrees in physics taught in English with a focus on theoretical physics. Some universities in the Netherlands and Turkey are mentioned as potential options, and the conversation ends with a request for more information on available bachelor degree programs.
aeroboyo
hey,

I am wondering if anyone knows of any universities in europe (excluding the UK) which offer bachelor degrees in physics that are taught in English, perhaps with an inclination towards theoretical physics? There must be a few of them around, but I'm not aware of any! I do know of a few universities that offer Graduate degrees in theoretical physics taught in English (University of Utrecht for example) but I'm interested in 3 and 4 year Bachelor/Master degrees. Thanks.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
bump... some1 must know of some...

It's a split bag in Holland - some offer English lectures if there is a bit of demand but it's not compulsory.

If you consider turkey as european country then over there are 4 main universites in which physics is taught in english.

1. Middle east technical university
2. Bogazici University
3. Bilkent University
4. Koc university

I believe NTSU in norway is taught in english, in fact I believe all norwegian universities are taught in english (and free)

Physics (Bachelor Degree) Taught by English in Europe

hello there,

As your question, how's going ?

Actually i 'm looking for almost same thing,

I,m looking for Physics ( Barchelor Degree ) Taught by English in Europe,

Could you find out any?

I also could find master degree courses,, but not barchelor yet'

so if you have any nice information for this, i would like to know,
So please let's me know.

Good Luck ;)

ThanX

1. What are the top universities in Europe that offer Physics degrees taught in English?

Some of the top universities in Europe that offer Physics degrees taught in English include ETH Zurich in Switzerland, University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands, Technical University of Munich in Germany, and University of Copenhagen in Denmark.

2. What are the admission requirements for a Physics degree taught in English in Europe?

The admission requirements may vary depending on the university, but generally, applicants are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent, a strong background in mathematics and science, and proficiency in the English language. Some universities may also require standardized test scores, such as the SAT or ACT.

3. Are there any scholarships available for international students pursuing a Physics degree in Europe?

Yes, there are several scholarships available for international students pursuing a Physics degree in Europe. Some are offered by the universities themselves, while others are provided by government or private organizations. It is important to research and apply for these scholarships early on as they are highly competitive.

4. How long does it take to complete a Physics degree taught in English in Europe?

The duration of a Physics degree taught in English in Europe may vary depending on the country and university. In general, a Bachelor's degree takes 3-4 years to complete, while a Master's degree takes 1-2 years. Some universities also offer an integrated program where students can complete both a Bachelor's and Master's degree in 4-5 years.

5. What are the career opportunities for graduates with a Physics degree from Europe?

Graduates with a Physics degree from Europe have a wide range of career opportunities in fields such as research, engineering, data analysis, finance, and teaching. They can work in industries such as aerospace, energy, healthcare, and technology, or pursue further studies in a specialized area of physics.