Oh no, The Bachelor is going to be on again.

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bachelor
In summary, I don't watch reality TV, I think it's a waste of time, and I'm glad the bachelor is over.
Mk
Man, another show that I don't watch taking up another hour of space on the network, on again. Plus, this is like the sexiest guy yet, and I wish I had his car.

Physics news on Phys.org
I liked Sadie.

Mk said:
Man, another show that I don't watch taking up another hour of space on the network, on again. Plus, this is like the sexiest guy yet, and I wish I had his car.
I think I saw a preview, if I remember correctly he was really icky.

No link to the show?

Mk said:

I thought you were a dude MK?

I hate "reality" TV

scorpa said:
I hate "reality" TV

This stuff isn't reality. It is quasi reality at its best, and totally contrived at its worst. Send them to Africa to feed the poor, that's reality.

edward said:
This stuff isn't reality. It is quasi reality at its best, and totally contrived at its worst. Send them to Africa to feed the poor, that's reality.

Hence the quotations marks, I didn't come up with the name reality tv but for some reason its what they call it :rolleyes: . Those shows are such a huge waste of time. I will never understand how people can get so hooked on shows like that, they just irritate me to no end :tongue:

edward said:
Oh, but peasant life is already so romanticized and idealistic! I say we send environmentalists.

I love comedy shows and show for plain old entertainment a tad of drama here and there.

Lots of shows are pure drame, like the OC, Lost, One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls (not in the beginning though), etc...

It drives me insane how anyone could watch those.

All the stuff on TV now makes me long for the good old days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trista is still married to the fireman right? So real love can happen..

The bachelor has got to be the most awful programme ever put on television!
I don't care how handsome or pretty the participants are - it makes me cringe.You've got to be desperate for love to be on the bachelor and you must know that you are too, but do people have to let the whole world know they are?

Monique said:
Trista is still married to the fireman right? So real love can happen..
Hah! I just thought of a bumper sticker:

FIREMAN: THERE'S A REASON THEY AREN'T PHYSICISTS

Oh, I love it when reality show season starts. It gives me no reason whatsoever to want to even turn on the TV, so I can get so many other things done without the distraction of something entertaining on TV. :biggrin:

1. What is "The Bachelor"?

"The Bachelor" is an American reality television dating show that first premiered in 2002. It follows a single man who is looking for love among a group of women, with the end goal of proposing to one of them at the end of the season.

2. How long has "The Bachelor" been on the air?

"The Bachelor" has been on the air for over 18 years, with its first season premiering in 2002.

3. How does the show choose its contestants?

The show's producers choose a diverse group of contestants from a variety of backgrounds and locations. They also hold casting calls and accept applications from interested individuals.

4. Is "The Bachelor" scripted?

While the show does have a general structure and certain scenes may be planned in advance, the conversations and actions of the contestants are not scripted. The show aims to capture genuine emotions and reactions.

5. Is "The Bachelor" scientifically accurate?

No, "The Bachelor" is not a scientifically accurate representation of dating or relationships. The show is primarily for entertainment purposes and does not follow a scientific method in its matchmaking process.