Need College Physics 7th Edition Solution Manual?

In summary, the person is asking if anyone has access to the Instructor's Edition of the College Physics 7th Edition textbook with solution sets for all the questions. They explain that they are in a class with only quizzes, homework, and exams, and that their homework questions have already been given for the semester but won't be submitted until the end. They had a similar issue in a previous class and found it helpful to have access to the solution manual. They provide the ISBN for both the textbook and the Instructor's Edition and mention that possession of the Instructor's Edition by students is not allowed and can result in disciplinary action. They also mention that PF does not support discussion of obtaining the Instructor's Edition.
Ikarys
Hey all. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum to ask a question like this or not, but I'm wondering if anyone has or knows where I can get the Instructor's Ed. of the College Physics 7th Edition textbook with complete solution sets for all the questions.

I'm in a class where we basically only have quizes, homework questions from the text and exams. The homework questions for the semester have already been given, but will not be submitted until the end of the semester. With that way of doing it, I'll be doing homework questions not knowing if my answers are correct until the end of the semester. I'd rather know before the exams if I'm not understanding a topic or doing an equation wrong.

I had the same type of issue with Inorganic Chemistry last semester and it helped a lot to check my homework with the solution manual. The actual textbook I'm using is:

College Physics 7th Edition - Serway/Faughn - ISBN 0-534-99918-2

The Instructor's Edition of the same textbook (according to my textbook) is ISBN 0-534-99724-4

If someone on the forum has the solution text, could you verify the ISBN? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Instructors manual should not be in possession of students. That is why it is called "Instructors Manual". It isn't meant to be used and sold to students. Publishers will only provide to the dept. that use that particular text. Depending on your school's policy, students in possession of such manual can be considered as cheating and subject to disciplinary actions.

We at PF do NOT recommend nor condone any discussion about obtaining such text.

Zz.

I understand the importance of having access to solution manuals for textbooks. It can greatly aid in understanding and mastering the material being taught. However, I must remind you that it is important to use these resources responsibly and ethically. Instructors often use different versions of textbooks, so it is important to make sure that the solution manual you are using matches the version of the textbook being used in your class. Additionally, relying too heavily on solution manuals can hinder your ability to think critically and problem-solve on your own.

With that being said, if you are having trouble finding the solution manual for your textbook, I would suggest reaching out to your instructor or classmates for assistance. They may have access to the manual or be able to point you in the right direction. You can also check with your school's library or online resources for solution manuals.

Remember, the goal of education is to learn and understand the material, not just get the correct answers. So use solution manuals as a tool to supplement your learning, not as a crutch. Best of luck in your studies.

1. What is a solution manual for college physics?

A solution manual for college physics is a supplemental resource that contains step-by-step solutions to all the problems and exercises in the textbook. It is designed to help students understand and practice problem-solving techniques in physics.

2. Why do I need the 7th edition of the solution manual?

The 7th edition of the solution manual is specifically tailored to the 7th edition of the textbook. The problems and exercises in each edition may vary, and using the correct solution manual ensures that you are practicing with the correct answers and techniques.

3. How can the solution manual help me in my studies?

The solution manual can help you in your studies by providing a comprehensive and detailed explanation of how to solve problems in physics. It also allows you to check your work and practice problem-solving techniques, which can improve your understanding and performance in the subject.

4. Can I use the solution manual as a substitute for studying?

No, the solution manual should not be used as a substitute for studying. It should be used as a supplement to your textbook and class notes to help you understand and practice problem-solving techniques. It is important to actively engage in studying and understanding the concepts in physics rather than just relying on the solutions.

5. Where can I find the college physics 7th edition solution manual?

The college physics 7th edition solution manual can be purchased from the publisher's website, online retailers, or your campus bookstore. You may also be able to find it at your local library. Additionally, some universities offer access to electronic versions of the solution manual through their library's online resources.