How many people do you think will vote in the US elections this time?

• Thread starter fbsthreads
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the conversation revolved around the upcoming election and predictions for voter turnout. One person believed there would be more voters this year compared to 2000, while another thought there might be a drop-off due to low popularity of the candidates. One participant expressed disappointment at not being able to vote this year.
fbsthreads
In 2000 there was about 104 million people turned out to vote.

i think this year it will be more like 160 million.

Physics news on Phys.org
given the statistics of the amount of people voting has been near 60% in the last 5 years or so, i say, mor or less, the same percentage of people will vote

I agree with fbs. The last election was so close that all those people who said "my vote doesn't really count" will be at the polls this time.

Attachments

• Vote.jpg
    Vote.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
I think you might see a significant drop-off. It's been a long time since we've had an election with both candidates having such incredibly low popularity.

Njorl

I miss being able to vote by something like 6 days. I'll have to wait four more years!

1. How do scientists predict the number of people who will vote in the US elections?

Scientists use various methods and data analysis techniques to make predictions about voter turnout in the US elections. These include historical voter turnout data, demographic information, and polling data.

2. What factors affect the number of people who will vote in the US elections?

There are many factors that can affect the number of people who will vote in the US elections, including the competitiveness of the race, the availability of early voting and mail-in ballots, the political climate, and the effectiveness of get-out-the-vote efforts.

3. Is there a way to accurately predict the exact number of people who will vote in the US elections?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to accurately predict the exact number of people who will vote in the US elections. However, scientists can make educated guesses based on the data and analysis available to them.

4. How accurate are scientists' predictions about voter turnout in the US elections?

The accuracy of scientists' predictions about voter turnout in the US elections can vary. Factors such as unexpected events or changes in the political landscape can impact the accuracy of predictions. However, scientists use reliable data and methods to make their predictions as accurate as possible.

5. Can scientists predict the voting behavior of specific demographic groups in the US elections?

While scientists can make general predictions about voter behavior based on demographic data, it is difficult to predict the voting behavior of specific groups of people. People's voting decisions can be influenced by a variety of factors, making it challenging to accurately predict how a specific demographic will vote.