Can I Trust Myself? Reading This Alone

• Thread starter Dragonfall
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reading
In summary, there have been numerous papers published on the arXiv claiming to have solved the P vs. NP problem, but many of them have been refuted or countered by other papers. The validity of these claims remains uncertain and a subject of ongoing research.
Mathematics news on Phys.org

I have no reason to think it's valid. It joins a long list of papers on the arXiv claiming to have solved the problem.

P ≠ NP
Tärnlund 2008 (analysis)
Jormakka 2008
Meek 2008
Meek 2008
Reckow 2007
Hofman 2007
Hofman 2006 (reply)
Renjit 2006
Ramos 2006**
Ramos 2006

P = NP
Aslam 2008* (refutation*, response*)
Diaby 2008
Zhu 2007
Gubin 2007 (counterexample)
Diaby 2007 (see also 0803.4354)
Kleiman 2006
Gubin 2006 (comments, critique)
Diaby 2006 (report, reply)
Diaby 2006
Bolotashvili 2003

* Link not currently working
** Difficult to tell if this claims a proof

Edit: Added some examples from Dr. Gerhard Woeginger. There are more examples on that page; I only checked 2007-2009.

Last edited:

1. What does it mean to trust oneself?

Trusting oneself means having confidence in one's own thoughts, feelings, and actions. It involves relying on one's own judgment and intuition, and being able to make decisions and take responsibility for them.

2. Why is it important to be able to trust oneself?

Trusting oneself is important because it allows us to have a sense of self-worth and self-esteem. It also helps us navigate through life's challenges and make decisions that align with our values and goals.

3. Can I trust myself if I have made mistakes in the past?

Yes, making mistakes does not mean that you cannot trust yourself. It is important to learn from past mistakes and use them as opportunities for growth. Trusting oneself also means being able to forgive oneself and move forward.

4. How can I learn to trust myself?

Learning to trust oneself takes time and practice. It involves self-reflection, being aware of one's values and beliefs, and setting boundaries. It also helps to surround oneself with supportive and trustworthy people.

5. Can I trust myself if others do not trust me?

Yes, it is possible to trust oneself even if others do not trust you. It is important to trust your own judgment and not let others' opinions affect your self-worth. However, it is also important to reflect on why others may not trust you and work towards building trust in relationships.