How to calculate pressure (PSI) of a gas in a tank

For your 2nd question : You need to Calculate the amount of time required for the tank to release 3000 liters of hydrogen at a rate of 20 liters/minIn summary, the person is seeking help with calculating the psi of a gas in a tank and how long the gas would flow at a given psi and rate. They mention having 3000 liters of hydrogen in a 1 gallon tank and needing to find a suitable value of specific volume to fill the required volume. They also mention needing to calculate the amount of time required for the tank to release the hydrogen at a rate of 20 liters/min. Any help is appreciated.
dieferbiefer
Hello, i don't know if this is the right place to post this question but I am sure someone here can help me out. i need to be able to calculate the psi of a gas in a tank, for example let's say i have 3000 liters of hydrogen in a 1 gallon tank, what would the psi be in the tank? the only help i can find on google is that psi=f/a but that doesn't really help me.

also, i need to be able to calculate how long the gas would flow at a given psi and rate. for example, if a had a 1 gallon tank of hydrogen at 300 psi and it was being released at the rate of 20 liters/min how long would the tank of hydrogen last?

any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
For your 1st question : You need to Find a suitable value of specific volume of hydrogen regardless of corresponding pressure that fills the required volume of yours (i.e 3000 Liters).

1. How do you calculate the pressure of a gas in a tank?

The formula for calculating pressure (PSI) of a gas in a tank is: pressure = (number of moles of gas * gas constant * temperature) / volume of the tank. The number of moles of gas can be determined using the ideal gas law, and the gas constant can be found in a chemistry reference book. Temperature should be measured in Kelvin and volume in cubic meters.

2. What is the ideal gas law?

The ideal gas law, also known as the universal gas law, is a formula that relates the pressure, volume, temperature, and number of moles of a gas. It is expressed as: PV = nRT, where P is pressure, V is volume, n is the number of moles, R is the gas constant, and T is temperature.

3. How do you convert temperature from Celsius to Kelvin?

To convert temperature from Celsius to Kelvin, simply add 273.15 to the temperature in Celsius. This is because Kelvin is an absolute temperature scale, where 0 Kelvin is equal to -273.15 degrees Celsius.

4. What are the units for pressure (PSI)?

Pressure is typically measured in pounds per square inch (PSI) in the United States. However, it can also be measured in other units such as atmospheres (atm) or kilopascals (kPa).

5. Can pressure (PSI) be negative?

No, pressure cannot be negative. Pressure is a measure of the force exerted by a gas on the walls of its container, and force cannot be negative. If the pressure appears to be negative, it is likely a result of a miscalculation or an error in measurement.