Need Help Identify Digital Logic Circuit

In summary: Sometimes I'm able to paste the link itself into my browser and get to the image, but in this case it didn't work.
tomizzo

Homework Statement

On the data sheet, name the device in Figure 9, and appropriately name the four pins A, B, C, and D according to what the device is. Check your Digital Logic book for some guidance.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/?ui=2&ik=ca64811c74&view=att&th=139f410abe33126b&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

Homework Equations

None

The Attempt at a Solution

So I've set up a truth table for this equation and got

A B C D
0 0 1 1
0 1 1 0
1 0 0 1
1 1 0 0

So having looked at this, it appears as if the two inputs are reversed. However, I'm not sure if there is an actual device out there that this represents, or just a configuration of gates. I've checked my books and nothing sticks out. Any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
At time of writing I can't see the diagram.

tomizzo said:

Homework Statement

On the data sheet, name the device in Figure 9, and appropriately name the four pins A, B, C, and D according to what the device is. Check your Digital Logic book for some guidance.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/?ui=2&ik=ca64811c74&view=att&th=139f410abe33126b&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

Homework Equations

None

The Attempt at a Solution

A B C D
0 0 1 1
0 1 1 0
1 0 0 1
1 1 0 0

So having looked at this, it appears as if the two inputs are reversed. However, I'm not sure if there is an actual device out there that this represents, or just a configuration of gates. I've checked my books and nothing sticks out. Any ideas?

I'm not able to see the linked image either -- it just takes me to Google g-mail sign-in if I try the link directly...

berkeman said:
I'm not able to see the linked image either -- it just takes me to Google g-mail sign-in if I try the link directly...

What link? I don't even see a link in the OP.

LCKurtz said:
What link? I don't even see a link in the OP.

Click "Quote" to see the content of his post.

Of course I cheated, and clicked the "Edit" button on his post to see the link, but only green folks have access to that button... :smile:

berkeman said:

Of course I cheated, and clicked the "Edit" button on his post to see the link, but only green folks have access to that button... :smile:

OH NO! This forum is being run by little green men from outer space?

berkeman said:

How does that help? I can see the link but how do we use/edit that to see the image?

tomizzo said:

A B C D
0 0 1 1
0 1 1 0
1 0 0 1
1 1 0 0

It certainly does appear that C= ¬A and D= ¬B
but until you post your image on a site where it is publicly accessible no one can advise further.

CWatters said:
How does that help? I can see the link but how do we use/edit that to see the image?

Sometimes I'm able to paste the link itself into my browser and get to the image, but in this case it didn't work. Other times I can edit the link a bit to get into the website at a higher level and navigate to the image (if it has been moved at the website or something similar).

What is a digital logic circuit?

A digital logic circuit is an electronic circuit that operates using binary inputs and outputs. It performs logical operations on the inputs and produces an output based on the given logic.

Why do I need to identify a digital logic circuit?

Identifying a digital logic circuit is important in order to understand its function and troubleshoot any issues that may arise. It also allows for proper documentation and maintenance of the circuit.

How can I identify a digital logic circuit?

To identify a digital logic circuit, you can use a combination of techniques such as analyzing the circuit's inputs and outputs, tracing the signals, and using logic analyzers or simulators.

What are some common types of digital logic circuits?

Some common types of digital logic circuits include AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, and XOR gates. Other types include multiplexers, decoders, encoders, shift registers, and flip-flops.

Can I design my own digital logic circuit?

Yes, with the proper knowledge and tools, you can design your own digital logic circuit. It requires a strong understanding of Boolean algebra, logic gates, and circuit design principles.