What do you think are the advatages of being bachelor?

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bachelor
In summary, the conversation revolves around the advantages of being a bachelor, with one person mentioning the high rate of divorce in the US and another person emphasizing the freedom and mobility that comes with being unmarried. Some individuals also mention the negative aspects of marriage, such as having to own more possessions and the potential for conflict with a partner. The conversation also touches on gender stereotypes and the perception of women as potential naggers or projects. Ultimately, it is suggested that there may not be any clear advantages from a woman's perspective.
heman
Are you Bachelor??
What do you think are the advatages of being bachelor?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know... I was about to answer, but I realized that I've never not been a bachelor before >.<

heman said:
Are you Bachelor??
No, but when you consider that here in the US, 50% of marriages end in divorce, and the other 50% end in death, the advantages of being a bachelor are apparent.

Jimmy,
I very well know what happens in USA.My question was experience based,i wanted to know what are those things that made person think that it would have been better if i would have remained unmarried.

jimmysnyder said:
No, but when you consider that here in the US, 50% of marriages end in divorce, and the other 50% end in death, the advantages of being a bachelor are apparent.
Yeah but 50% of all Bachelorships end in death and 50% end in marriage. We're obviously worse off.

benefits are obvious to me now, one of them is that I can spend whole day on PF without constant nagging

stoned said:
benefits are obvious to me now, one of them is that I can spend whole day on PF without constant nagging

You just don't know how to keep your women in line! Pay the bills? *Slap!* The kids need food? *double slap!*

50% of marriages end in divorce for some odd reason

I'm a bachelor... of engineering!

I am one of those batchelor type guys and always have been because women more or less are convinced men=Mr. Potato Head: if you don't like a particular feature you pull it off and put something else on it, and this, of course, is a great disappointment because it means they never accepted you for who you are in the first place.

So, the advantage of being a batchelor is that you are free of having your own personal "coach" who has mistaken you for a "project".

I live by my homie Tupac's motto: M.O.B. Which is Money Over *****es. I have modified it, though, to Math Over *****es :smile:

ughhh damn censors! The B word rhymes with Witch

Are there any advantages of being a bachelorette :wink:?

mattmns said:
I live by my homie Tupac's motto: M.O.B. Which is Money Over *****es. I have modified it, though, to Math Over *****es :smile:

ughhh damn censors! The B word rhymes with Witch

uhuh. And what Evo's going to do to you rhymes with ramification, welding, and suturing: Castration, gelding, neutering :eek:

Smurf said:
50% of all Bachelorships end in death and 50% end in marriage. We're obviously worse off.
Good point, although I think your numbers are off.

I can't speak for others, but marriage has done me a world of good. I see better days and I do better things. And if I hadn't a wife, who would correct my typing?

The main advantages of being a bachelor: mobility.

I used to make it a rule to never own more than could fit in my vehicle. Now, my vehicle has to sit outside because the garage is filled with boxes that haven't been opened in fifteen years, which was four houses ago. We actually own boxes that are never opened - just moved from house to house.

However, I have a new plan - for my wife's birthday, she's getting a box. I'm kind of curious what's in all of these boxes, myself. Who knows what memories will be released by the opening of the box? Will it be the box that proves I was innocent of throwing away the envelope that my daughter decorated with her chocolately handprint on her first Halloween? Will it be the wine glasses from our first anniversary? In broken shards, no less? Unleashing a torrent of wrath for having dropped the box, or dropped something on the box, at some unspecified time or place in our past? I hope nothing perishable was packed in the box (my daughter's cat turned up missing while loading the truck during one of our moves and was never seen again).

Having to lug around a lot of stuff is the worst thing about marriage. I think that must be why so many divorced guys have so few possessions. They're grasping that return to a simpler time.

brewnog said:
I'm a bachelor... of engineering!

You beat me. That what I wanted to say when I saw this thread...

bohhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaha :cry: :cry:

No Hot Gal has posted any comment!
I am beginning to think that there aren't any advantages from their point of view !

heman said:
No Hot Gal has posted any comment!
I am beginning to think that there aren't any advantages from their point of view !
Seems like the hotties are too busy too post! :tongue2: :wink: heh heh
and another thing is .. oh, nevermind..later - got to go!

Let me guess!
Another thing may be that rarely a hottie is single!

What are the advantages of being a bachelor?

1. Is there more freedom and independence as a bachelor?

As a bachelor, you have the freedom to make your own decisions without having to consider a partner or family. This can lead to a sense of independence and self-sufficiency.

2. Does being a bachelor allow for more time for personal pursuits?

Without the responsibilities and commitments of a partner or children, bachelors often have more time to focus on their personal interests and hobbies.

3. Are there financial benefits to being a bachelor?

As a bachelor, you are solely responsible for your own finances. This can mean having more control over budgeting and spending, potentially leading to financial stability and security.

4. Does being a bachelor lead to more career opportunities?

Without the demands of a family, bachelors may have more flexibility and availability to pursue career opportunities or advancements. They may also have more time to dedicate to professional development and networking.

5. Is there a sense of adventure or spontaneity in being a bachelor?

Being a bachelor often means being able to make impulsive decisions and have new experiences without having to consider the needs or desires of a partner or family. This can lead to a sense of adventure and spontaneity in life.