'UFO car' beams into spotlight

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Beams Car
In summary, late one August night, almost 30 years ago, a mysterious flash of light bore down on a Marshall County deputy as he was patrolling the western edge of the county. Sheriff Deputy Val Johnson lost consciousness as a result, and suffered significant damage to his eyes and car. The cause of the light has remained a mystery since then, and has been the subject of much speculation.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Late one August night, almost 30 years ago, a mysterious flash of light bore down on a Marshall County deputy as he was patrolling the western edge of the county.

The light lasted only a few minutes, before Sheriff Deputy Val Johnson, who was driving along Minnesota Highway 220, lost consciousness of time.

A few minutes grew into half an hour - 40 minutes, before Johnson became aware of the night again, and when that happened, damage had been done to his eyes and his squad car.

The cause of the light has remained a mystery since August 1979. And it's been the subject of much speculation. [continued]
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/news/14757502.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This sounds like one of those phenomenon's that people see that they can't explain so they aliens! or somthing like to explain it.

scott1 said:
This sounds like one of those phenomenon's that people see that they can't explain so they aliens! or somthing like to explain it.

It is certainly the sort of story that many won't pay any attention to simply because "UFO" was used in the title. Note also that the only mention of aliens comes from you. :wink:

It sounds like he hit something. He lost consciousness and woke up with his body and car banged up.

Must've hit a UFO, haha.

Alkatran said:
It sounds like he hit something. He lost consciousness and woke up with his body and car banged up.
I was actually thinking it sounded like a stroke.

My boss has something (undiagnosed) where he sometimes sees pretty specific patterns of light. I was driving with him once and he stopped driving and started trying to map them out, pointing to where they were. I've never blacked out, but I've stood up too fast, gotten dizzy and seen spots - perhaps it is a similar phenomena.

1. What exactly is a 'UFO car'?

A 'UFO car' refers to a car that has been modified to look like a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object). This can include different types of modifications such as adding lights, saucer-shaped body, and other features to resemble a UFO.

2. Who created the 'UFO car'?

The 'UFO car' was created by a team of engineers and designers at a car company called Epic Electric Vehicles. They wanted to create a unique and attention-grabbing car to showcase their electric vehicle technology.

3. How does the 'UFO car' work?

The 'UFO car' runs on an electric motor and has a top speed of 70 mph. It also has a range of 100 miles on a single charge. The car is controlled by a steering wheel and pedals, just like a regular car.

4. Is the 'UFO car' street legal?

Yes, the 'UFO car' is street legal in the United States. It meets all the safety and emission requirements set by the Department of Transportation and Environmental Protection Agency. However, it may not be legal in all countries, so it's important to check local laws before driving it.

5. How much does the 'UFO car' cost?

The 'UFO car' is currently being sold for $135,000. This price includes the cost of the base model of the car, as well as the modifications to make it look like a UFO. The company also offers customizations and upgrades at an additional cost.