Output voltage calculation of vibrational piezoelectric beam

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding the relationship between the output voltage of a piezoelectric film or beam and its dimensions when subjected to vibration of a known frequency. The person was seeking help with understanding a complicated paper on the topic and asked if anyone was knowledgeable in physics to assist them.
imanemad
Hi,

I was asked to find the relationship of output voltage of a piezoelectric film or a beam with known dimensions when it is subjected to a known frequency vibration.

I appreciate if someone can help me with that.

Thanks,

Physics news on Phys.org
I am curious too if anyone has anything

Nap04011 said:
I am curious too if anyone has anything

Are you good in physics? because I found a paper explaining it, but since I am not a Physics student, it is too hard to understand it. The paper is very complicated for me. If you are, let me know so somehow I could send the paper to you.

Thanks,

1. How is output voltage calculated for a vibrational piezoelectric beam?

The output voltage of a vibrational piezoelectric beam is calculated by multiplying the piezoelectric coefficient of the material by the applied force and the distance the beam deflects.

2. What factors affect the output voltage of a vibrational piezoelectric beam?

The output voltage of a vibrational piezoelectric beam can be affected by the material properties, such as the piezoelectric coefficient and Young's modulus, as well as the frequency and amplitude of the applied force.

3. Is there a formula for calculating the output voltage of a vibrational piezoelectric beam?

Yes, the formula for calculating the output voltage of a vibrational piezoelectric beam is V = d*F*L, where V is the output voltage, d is the piezoelectric coefficient, F is the applied force, and L is the distance the beam deflects.

4. Can the output voltage of a vibrational piezoelectric beam be increased?

Yes, the output voltage of a vibrational piezoelectric beam can be increased by using a material with a higher piezoelectric coefficient, increasing the amplitude of the applied force, or increasing the distance the beam deflects.

5. What is the purpose of calculating the output voltage of a vibrational piezoelectric beam?

The purpose of calculating the output voltage of a vibrational piezoelectric beam is to determine the amount of electrical energy that can be generated from mechanical vibrations. This can be used in applications such as energy harvesting or sensing.