What is the Quotient Group A/B?

In summary, the term for the quantity A/B, where A is a group and B is a subgroup of A, is the quotient group. It is important to note that B must be a normal subgroup of A, not just any subgroup. Suggestions and links for looking up math concepts by notation can be found on the Table of Mathematical Symbols on Wikipedia.
pellman
If A is a group and B is a subgroup of A, what is A/B? I don't need a definition really, just the term or name for the quantity A/B. I can look it up myself from there.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions or links that make it easy to look up math concepts by notation rather than looking up the word for it, I would be interested.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Note that B must be a normal subgroup of A, not any subgroup.

What does A/B mean?

A/B refers to a type of experiment or test where two versions, A and B, are compared to determine which one is more effective or preferred.

How is A/B testing used in science?

In science, A/B testing is commonly used to compare two different treatments or interventions to determine which one is more effective in achieving a desired outcome.

What are the benefits of using A/B testing in scientific research?

A/B testing allows for controlled comparison of two variables, which can help researchers make more informed decisions about which intervention or treatment is more effective. It also allows for the replication of experiments to ensure the results are consistent.

What factors should be considered when designing an A/B test?

Some factors to consider when designing an A/B test include the sample size, selection of variables to test, and randomization to ensure unbiased results. It is also important to clearly define the hypothesis and outcome measures to be used in the test.

How can A/B testing results be interpreted and applied in scientific research?

The results of an A/B test can be interpreted using statistical analysis to determine if there is a significant difference between the two versions being tested. This information can then be used to make informed decisions about which intervention or treatment is more effective in achieving the desired outcome.