Behavior of two liquids in contact and a boundary

In summary, the conversation is about two different topics. The first topic is regarding the behavior of two liquids in contact and the existence of a boundary between them. The person is looking for articles or papers on this subject. The second topic is about quantum tunneling and the amount of light that can be refracted in a material. The person is also looking for information or materials on this topic. Both topics are being discussed by a person named Aron, who is seeking help or resources from others.
AronH
Hi,

I have a problem that talk about the behavior of two liquids in contact and a boundary that appears between them. I am lack of theory about this situation do anyone of you could help me to find some paper of articles that talk about this?
Thank you,

Aron

Physics news on Phys.org
Another point

I was in need of another topic. About the quantum tunneling that ocurr and about the amount of light that can be refracted in a material either if you send a light beam in an angle greater then the limit angle.
Can anyone help me? Or know some material about this?
Thanks,

Aron

What is the behavior of two liquids at a boundary?

The behavior of two liquids at a boundary is dependent on the properties of the liquids, such as their intermolecular forces and densities. Generally, when two liquids come into contact at a boundary, they will either mix together or form distinct layers depending on their relative densities and the strength of their intermolecular forces.

Why do some liquids mix while others form layers at a boundary?

The mixing or layering behavior of two liquids at a boundary is determined by the balance between their intermolecular forces. Liquids with similar intermolecular forces tend to mix together, while liquids with different intermolecular forces tend to form distinct layers.

What is the role of surface tension in the behavior of two liquids at a boundary?

Surface tension, which is the force that holds the molecules of a liquid together, plays a crucial role in the behavior of two liquids at a boundary. If the surface tensions of the two liquids are similar, they will mix together. However, if one liquid has a higher surface tension than the other, it will form a layer on top.

Can the behavior of two liquids at a boundary be predicted?

The behavior of two liquids at a boundary can be predicted to some extent based on their properties, such as density and intermolecular forces. However, there are other factors that can affect their behavior, such as temperature and the presence of impurities, which can make it difficult to accurately predict the outcome.

How does temperature affect the behavior of two liquids at a boundary?

Temperature can have a significant impact on the behavior of two liquids at a boundary. As temperature increases, the molecules of a liquid gain energy and move more quickly, which can affect their intermolecular forces and ability to mix or form layers with another liquid at a boundary.