Wonderful polymer that has very interesting properties

In summary: Now I am sending you a translation.In summary, an electrochemical scientist has found a new polymer that has properties similar to those of polyaniline, but with increased stability and resistance to weather conditions. The polymer is able to be used as a biochip and as a radio beacon.
WantToKnowAll
Hello colleagues!
I’d like to ask your opinion on the following information. I found an article where is talking about wonderful polymer that has very interesting properties to pick up parameters when applied on some surface including human body and to register information and to transfer information with radio waves. It is stand-alone and is powered by temperature difference. Ask you to confirm or disprove the reality of this polymer. I’m interested a much.

Chemistry news on Phys.org

Was it a reliable source, or some random place? It sound like either something completely made up OR media hype over something that is only remotely similar to what you described.

I found the article in my PC. Now I am sending you a translation.
Electrochemical science nowadays is characterized with wide developments in the field of nonconventional materials which are intended to substitute liquid electrolytes and metal electrodes. Researches in the field of polymeric materials are the most interesting and promising.
Polymeric materials have been attracted by electrochemists long and conductive polymers occupy a special place. These polymers being chemically and electrochemically doped are acquired themselves electric conductivity which is sufficient to use them as materials for electrodes.
Recently in the end of 90th new conductive polymer polysiliconaniline was obtained. This polymer is very special among other conductive polymers. It has electronic or hole conductivity as its analog polyaniline and also it has ionic conductivity depending on modified additives. The difference from polyaniline is that carbon atoms are partially substituted by silicon atoms. Silicon is not inclined to form bonds with nitrogen in organic compounds. Because of this property quantity of moving charge carriers in polymeric link are doubled that opens possibility to operate with this material in wider range of electric resistance. This range that can be set and altered is from one to tens MOhm. Polysiliconaniline is more stable than polyaniline and has higher resistance to weather conditions.
A principally new way to produce biochips was developed on the basis of modified polysiliconaniline which are either able to be implanted in human (animal) tissue or be used itself by application of this biochip at some surface. The process of application takes only 15 minutes. Polymeric chip is ready to operate in one hour after application. The biochip is powered by temperature difference between environment and biological tissue of an organism i.e. it is used thermo pair effect but with higher efficiency.

At the present days the way to produce polymeric material for biochips, modification of it with chemical additives and method of application are worked out. Effect of data picking up from biochip which is made of modified polymer when it is applied on human body by special way is obtained. The picking up was wireless by radio signal.
The applied biochip causes no discomfort, it is not washed off by water and it is not destroyed under simple mechanical treatment. The process of biochip washing off is worked out.

The prospect of using biochips
For medical and diagnostics purposes:
-Uninterruptible control of human body temperature, oxygen concentration in blood e t.c.
-As heart pacemaker.
For using as radio beacon which indicates human or animal location in emergency situation (natural disaster, criminal e t.c.). While organism is alive and body temperature is supported biochip will operate and transmit radio signals.
Additional polymer opportunities

Ability of the polymer to be powered by temperature difference between organism and environment makes possible to do without additional electronic units and power sources.
It is also promising to use polymer in electronics as a storage device. F.e. it is possible to store up to 1018 bites of information on 1 cm2 of this polymer.

What you are missing is that what you described initially is not a property of the polymer, but property of a device made from this polymer. It is like saying silicon is able to calculate pi. Silicon is not, but processor made of silicon (plus additives) can.

It is clear that here is talking about device. But as I understood the device is made of only the polymer without additional conventional semi conductive units. Polymer when applied on surface is already device itself with self-contained power source.

What is a polymer?

A polymer is a large molecule made up of repeating units called monomers. These monomers are linked together in a chain-like structure, giving polymers their unique properties.

What makes this polymer so wonderful?

This polymer has very interesting properties such as being lightweight, strong, and flexible. It also has a high resistance to heat, chemicals, and electricity.

What are some common uses for this polymer?

This polymer is used in a wide range of products, including plastics, rubber, adhesives, coatings, and even clothing. It is also used in medical devices, electronics, and construction materials.

How is this polymer made?

This polymer is typically made through a process called polymerization, where monomers are joined together to form long chains. Different types of polymers can be created by varying the monomers used and the conditions of the polymerization process.

Is this polymer environmentally friendly?

It depends on the specific polymer and how it is used. Some polymers can be recycled and have a low impact on the environment, while others may take a long time to break down and can contribute to pollution. It is important to consider the environmental impact of the entire life cycle of the polymer.