Why did Transformers change their motto

In summary: I have no idea I was only born in 83 so I'm a bit young to remember the transformers at their height of fame. I remember the movie fondly though for that was shown a lot in the early nineties :biggrin:http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/07/17" :rolleyes:
DeadWolfe
From "robots in disguise" to "more than meets the eye"? This was a bad decision.

Physics news on Phys.org
Secret agents got offended

They did this what? Two decades ago?

Why did they change Optimus Prime from a big Lorry to a ****ty fire-engine?!?

J77 said:
Why did they change Optimus Prime from a big Lorry to a ****ty fire-engine?!?

What!? Oh no...:frown:

EL said:
What!? Oh no...:frown:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/372/b414pj.jpg
:frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
J77 said:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/372/b414pj.jpg
:frown:
It's a sad world we live in nowadays...

No Way!

You can't turn optimus into that heap, that's just so uncool...

How i used to love my thermal TF stickers...

That firetruck isn't optimus prime.

And wasnt the motto both "more than meets the eye" and "robots in disguise"?

Is Megatron still alive or not ? :cry:

Didn't he change name to Galvatron after a while?

PIT2 said:
No galvatron is a different one i think.

My favorit transformer is this one:
http://www.unicron.com/mainpage/unicron/unicron.htm

But Unicron hardly qualifies for being a transformer. He's more of the god of the bad side (weren't they called "decepticons"?). And, if I don't remember wrong, at least in my Swedish transformer magazines, Unicron was the one transforming Megatron into Galvatron!

Transformers,
More than meets the eye!

Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons.

Transformers,
Robots in diguise.
Tranformers,
More than meets the eye.
Tranformers!

Megatron turned into Galvatron in the movie voiced amazingly by Leonard Nimoy and unicron has to be the weirdest transformer of all because where the hell did he come from? :eek:

How did megatron get turned into galvatron then? Was he eaten by unicron?

Well unicron came across their battered bodies in space and rebuilt megatron and a few others as galvatron and some new guys. I haven't seen the film in years so someone could correct me if I'm wrong.

DeadWolfe said:
Why did Transformers change their motto..
Why do Transformers change?

Kurdt said:
unicron has to be the weirdest transformer of all because where the hell did he come from? :eek:
I think he was there from the beginning of time...togehter with the good transformer god, Primus, who turned himself into "Cybertron", trandsformer's home planet...am I not right?...

EL said:
I think he was there from the beginning of time...togehter with the good transformer god, Primus, who turned himself into "Cybertron", trandsformer's home planet...am I not right?...

I have no idea I was only born in 83 so I'm a bit young to remember the transformers at their height of fame. I remember the movie fondly though for that was shown a lot in the early nineties :biggrin:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/07/17" :rolleyes:

1. Why did Transformers change their motto?

The Transformers franchise has had several motto changes throughout its history, but the most recent change occurred in 2019 with the release of the film "Bumblebee." The change was made to reflect the evolution of the franchise and appeal to a wider audience.

2. What was the original motto for Transformers?

The original motto for Transformers was "More than meets the eye," which was used from the 1980s until 2019. This motto emphasized the idea that the robots were more than just machines and had complex personalities and emotions.

3. What is the new motto for Transformers?

The new motto for Transformers is "Bee the future." This motto was introduced in the film "Bumblebee" and is a play on words with the name of the main character, Bumblebee, and the idea of being a hero and changing the future.

4. Was the change in motto well-received by fans?

The change in motto was met with mixed reactions from fans. Some appreciated the new motto and felt it was more modern and inclusive, while others were disappointed to see the iconic "More than meets the eye" slogan replaced.

5. Will the motto change again in the future?

It is possible that the motto for Transformers may change again in the future, as the franchise continues to evolve and adapt to new audiences. However, there is no official confirmation of any future changes at this time.