The Knowledge vs. Intellect Test

In summary: You scored higher than 67% on knowledge You scored higher than 98% on intellectI don't know. I'm not really into politics.7/9 IntellectYou are 52% knowledgeable and 82% intellectual.Excellent! You have a powerful mind backed by a good amount of knowledge. Keep cracking books and nothing can stop you.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
9/9 Genius

You are 87% knowledgeable and 84% intellectual.

Amazing! You have an incredible brain (intellect) and a powerhouse of information (knowledge)! Keep up the impressive work-- we all bow to you.

My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 96% on knowledge

You scored higher than 66% on intellect

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=16405201376261509997

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Amazing! You have an incredible brain (intellect) and a powerhouse of information (knowledge)! Keep up the impressive work-- we all bow to you. [/url]

This reads like a parody. I hope.

Rach3 said:
This reads like a parody. I hope.
Yeah, yeah, just take the test. :devil:

9/9 Genius
You are 82% knowledgeable and 92% intellectual.
Amazing! You have an incredible brain (intellect) and a powerhouse of information (knowledge)! Keep up the impressive work-- we all bow to you.
My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 91% on knowledge

You scored higher than 91% on intellect
Hey, why don't I see everyone on their knees bowing to me?! :grumpy: :rofl:

Something tells me we'll have a lot of high scores among our members.

I thought it was a pretty good test, it covered a nice range. I wonder what I'd score if i was sober. :tongue:

Maybe I'd flunk. :redface:

Evo said:
I thought it was a pretty good test, it covered a nice range. I wonder what I'd score if i was sober. :tongue:

Maybe I'd flunk. :redface:
I don't know, it was a long test to start after 2 AM, and I nearly gave up and went to sleep a few times. I think I'm going to do that now anyway.

You did damn good for sleeping through it. :biggrin:

My head hurts and I can't sleep. :frown:

Evo said:
You did damn good for sleeping through it. :biggrin:

My head hurts and I can't sleep. :frown:
Your head isn't supposed to hurt until you sober up!

I feel like I've had a gallon of coffee to drink (my brain is all fogged over, but I can't get my body to stay still enough to fall asleep), but I haven't had any all day other than my morning coffee. It's going to be a rough day at work tomorrow. :frown:

One moderator complains of alcohol, the other, of coffee. To the moderators, dare I suggest? ...moderation?

Rach3 said:
One moderator complains of alcohol, the other, of coffee. To the moderators, dare I suggest? ...moderation?
Hey, where's your test Mr?

Okay, okay, I'll get to it.

1. Does the Earth revolve around the Sun or is it the other way around?
The Earth revolves around the Sun.
The Sun revolves around the Earth.
Neither, unless you replace "to revolve" with "to orbit". Which orbits around which? Well they orbit around each other I suppose, because they're both seperately massive and obey Newton's laws to a good approximation.

Rach3 said:

Neither, unless you replace "to revolve" with "to orbit". Which orbits around which? Well they orbit around each other I suppose, because they're both seperately massive and obey Newton's laws to a good approximation.
picky, picky, picky

Eh, I tried and I fell asleep, while counting sheep and sheep's legs and rooster's legs and adding them all up.

4. Which of the following is not considered a state of matter?

It doesn't matter.

The test said:
7/9 Intellect
You are 75% knowledgeable and 88% intellectual.
Excellent! You have a powerful mind backed by a good amount of knowledge. Keep cracking books and nothing can stop you.

You scored higher than 99% on knowledge

You scored higher than 99% on intellect

Going up against other guys in my generation isn't exactly fair. :wink:... *bows to Evo and Moonbear* ... :shy:

Last edited:
7/9 Intellect

You are 70% knowledgeable and 92% intellectual.

Excellent! You have a powerful mind backed by a good amount of knowledge. Keep cracking books and nothing can stop you.

You scored higher than 72% on knowledge

You scored higher than 93% on intellect

Some of those questions were ridiculously easy and a few of them were stupidly hard.

And I know nothing about the American Constitution, so that question was kind of biased towards an American audience.

9/9 and 94% intellectual not as good on the knowledgeable bit but still a 9

ek said:
And I know nothing about the American Constitution, so that question was kind of biased towards an American audience.

Bah. I didn't know who the first PM of Australia was.

7/9 Intellect
You are 56% knowledgeable and 84% intellectual.
You scored higher than 21% on knowledge
You scored higher than 60% on intellect

but i couldn't choose miy age proply cause I am in 1990

Mickey said:
Bah. I didn't know who the first PM of Australia was.

I didn't either, but at least that fact can be considered general knowledge, and not some random fact about some random country's constitution.

true, true!

9/9 Genius
You are 80% knowledgeable and 96% intellectual.

You scored higher than 99% on knowledge

You scored higher than 99% on intellect

theres somthing wrong there... i wonder who is beter at maths?

i tried cheating to see what the best score was and it still only got me this:

7/9 Intellect
You are 75% knowledgeable and 92% intellectual.

You scored higher than 77% on knowledge

You scored higher than 87% on intellect

Geeze, I was thinking a lot of people here would have scored well and posted. Are the only bright ones here the ones that have posted already? :tongue:

C'mon Gokul, I know you'd ace this kind of test.

I'm pretty sure I guessed the first Australian prime Minister wrong, I mean "who cares"? :rolleyes: It's like asking who the 13th president of the United States was. (It was Millard Fillmore, the last member of the Whig party).

I'd like to know which questions I missed.

Rach3 said:

:rofl: If you want to have a polster hang up real quick, start telling them why none of their choices are valid and insist on "none of the above" :biggrin:

ek said:
I didn't either, but at least that fact can be considered general knowledge, and not some random fact about some random country's constitution.

Hate to break it to you, but the American constitution is the oldest federal constitution in the world still in use. It's not just some random country's constitution. Neither is a fact regarding the separation of church and state in this constitution just some random fact, given it's the first constitution in the world to explicitly forbid its government from establishing a religion.

Well, that's not true, now that I think of it... I didn't hate to break it to you. :tongue2:

Last edited:
Evo said:
Geeze, I was thinking a lot of people here would have scored well and posted. Are the only bright ones here the ones that have posted already? :tongue:

C'mon Gokul, I know you'd ace this kind of test.
Far from it. You beat me by a point on knowledge.

7/9 Intellect
You are 68% knowledgeable and 80% intellectual.

marlon

With regard to the first PM of Australia, which is a bit like knowing that George Washington was the first President of the US, the six colonies (New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia, which are now states) federated and the Commonwealth of Australia was formed on January 1, 1901, which was the date that the first PM assumed office. :wink: :biggrin:

I was totally expecting the one :

13. Two of the following numbers add up to thirteen. 1, 6, 3, 5, 11
True.
False.

to be trick, cause I think I've seen that in a kid's puzzle book and it said something like "
TRUE! 1 and 3 make 13!

I proceeded to throw the book out.

Healey01 said:
to be trick, cause I think I've seen that in a kid's puzzle book and it said something like "
TRUE! 1 and 3 make 13!

No way, that's not adding up...Actions like this make every answer doubtable.

I proceeded to throw the book out.
:approve:

marlon

Astronuc said:
With regard to the first PM of Australia, which is a bit like knowing that George Washington was the first President of the US

I really don't see the comparison, given that the head of state for Australia is still determined by the British monarchy, totally unlike the election of George Washington.

Remembering the first head of state for an Australian republic (i.e. the first Australian head of state of Australia) would be more like remembering that George Washington was the first US president.

Last edited:
I was just drawing an analogy between first Head of State (*see below) in Australia vs US.

Mickey said:
I really don't see the comparison, given that the head of state for Australia is still determined by the British monarchy, totally unlike the election of George Washington.

Ummm, from recent history . . .
Elected again as Leader in 1995, Howard became the 25th Prime Minister of Australia after defeating incumbent Paul Keating in the election of 2 March 1996. His government has been subsequently re-elected in the elections of 1998, 2001 and 2004, . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Howard

One may be thinking of the Governor General -
A Governor-General appointed by the Queen shall be Her Majesty's representative in the Commonwealth, and shall have and may exercise in the Commonwealth during the Queen's pleasure, but subject to this Constitution, such powers and functions of the Queen as Her Majesty may be pleased to assign to him.
from http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pasteact/1/641/0/PA000170.htm

The Prime Minister is appointed by the Governor-General under section 64 of the Australian Constitution. Section 64 of the Constitution empowers the Governor-General to appoint Ministers of State, and requires such Ministers to be members of the House of Representatives or the Senate. These Ministers are ex officio members of the Federal Executive Council and constitute the Cabinet. The Prime Minister in practice is the leader of the Cabinet. By convention, he or she will always be a Member of the House of Representatives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Australia

64. The Governor-General may appoint officers to administer such departments of State of the Commonwealth as the Governor-General in Council may establish.

Such officers shall hold office during the pleasure of the Governor-General. They shall be members of the Federal Executive Council, and shall be the Queen's Ministers of State for the Commonwealth.

After the first general election no Minister of State shall hold office for a longer period than three months unless he is or becomes a senator or a member of the House of Representatives.
from http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/general/constitution/

*Interestingly, the PM is not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution. What happens is the that the people elect members of parliament and the majority party gets to elect the PM. The PM is appointed by the Governor General, and the PM is the defacto Head of State, because the GG does not conduct affairs of state for Australia. The GG is just the Queen's (or someday King's) representative, but in reality, the Queen has no practical authority in Australia.

Similarly, the US president is elected by the electoral college, not by direct vote of the people. That has been controversial in the last two US presidential elections. :rofl:

You can say nonsensical words like "de facto head of state" and "practical authority" all you want. George Washington lead thousands of people to die for actual authority, and that makes his name more significant than the name of the first PM of Australia.

Knowing the name of the first PM of Australia is more like knowing the names of the first PMs of Canada and New Zealand, other costitutional monarchies who are also subject to the British crown. Hopefully http://www.republic.org.au/homepagehtml.htm will eventually realize they're in the 21st century. Britain at least has an excuse, since they can show that the monarchy brings them money through tourism. The other large Commonwealth Realms have no such excuse.

Astronuc said:
The GG is just the Queen's (or someday King's) representative, but in reality, the Queen has no practical authority in Australia.

Similarly, the US president is elected by the electoral college, not by direct vote of the people. That has been controversial in the last two US presidential elections. :rofl:

Again, I don't see the comparison. The electoral college is appointed by elected representatives of the people and is subject to rules enumerated by the constitution. The crown is a hereditary line elected by no one. And this really isn't funny!

Australian parliamentarians, soldiers, and judges swear an oath to an unelected British monarch. American revolutionaries, led by George Washington, risked their lives and the lives of their families to fight against that. They didn't "effectively win" and the US is not the "de facto superpower." They actually won. The result was the most powerful nation in world history.