How to load these data into the SRAM

• Thread starter desmal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data Load
In summary, the conversation is about showing graphs from an SRAM to a CRT monitor using VGA. The question is how to load the data into the SRAM, and possible solutions include designing a serial port, using JTAG, or using an SRAM that reads its contents from a flash ROM at start-up. The person asking for help is coding their FPGA using Verilog and is trying to load images from an SRAM card to a VGA monitor on a Xilinx ML401 board.
desmal
Hello everybody...

I have spartan 3-1000 FPGA and I want to show some graphs to CRT monitor using VGA. I Know how to show the graphs from the SRAM and give them into the VGA. the question is How to load these data into the SRAM?? --can anyone help me

Engineering news on Phys.org
Design in a serial port and program it externally, or use JTAG, or use an SRAM that reads its contents at start-up from a flash ROM... there are many ways.

- Warren

Hi chroot..

My knowledge in this field is limited. I read about using JTAG but JTAG can be use to program the FPGA by loading .bin file (binary file) on it. so How can I use JTAG to load these data without effecting the FPGA.

Thinks chroot for your respons

How are you coding your FPGA? Are you using Verilog?

berkeman...
No VHDL

Hi,
I'm trying to load images from an SRAM card on the Xilinx ML401 board to a VGA monitor. Any chance you could give me a hand ?

What is SRAM?

SRAM stands for Static Random Access Memory. It is a type of computer memory that is faster and more expensive than traditional Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM). It is often used in applications that require high-speed data access, such as cache memory in a computer's processor.

How do I load data into SRAM?

The process of loading data into SRAM depends on the specific device or system you are working with. In general, you will need to use a data bus or address bus to transfer the data from the source to the SRAM. Consult the datasheet or user manual for your specific device for detailed instructions.

What types of data can be loaded into SRAM?

SRAM can typically store any type of data, such as numbers, text, or images. However, the amount of data that can be stored in SRAM is limited compared to other types of memory, so it is often used for storing smaller sets of frequently accessed data.

Do I need to initialize SRAM before loading data?

It is important to initialize SRAM before loading data, as it ensures that the memory is in a known state and can properly store and retrieve data. Initialization involves writing values to specific memory addresses in order to set the initial state of the SRAM.

How can I ensure that the data is loaded correctly into SRAM?

To ensure that the data is loaded correctly into SRAM, it is important to perform thorough testing and verification. This may involve checking the data integrity, verifying that the data is stored in the correct locations, and confirming that the data can be retrieved accurately. Additionally, following best practices and guidelines for loading data into SRAM can help minimize errors and ensure successful data transfer.