My Account seems to have malfunctioned.

• Thread starter vermisst
  • Start date
In summary, the user's previous account, "whitay," became inactive and their attempts to contact administrators failed. They are aware that having multiple accounts is not allowed but couldn't think of another solution. They request to have their previous account back and will monitor the thread for a resolution. Another user has PMed an administrator to fix the issue and it is discovered that there is no linked email address to the account. The account is then reactivated.
vermisst
My last user name was whitay. However it seems to have become inactive, I could not post or edit my account details. I attempted to message one of the administrators however all attempts failed because it said I was not allowed or my account did not have permission.

Though I am aware that having multiple accounts is frowned upon, I couldn't think of anything else to do. If possible it would be nice to have my previous account back and if need be, delete this one. Inform me through this thread as I will watch this to see how this can be resolved or if any action is taken.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your "whitay" account seems to have had its status changed to "awaiting email confirmation." I can't change that, but I'll ask Greg to do it for you.

Thread moved to feedback.

I don't remember receiving an email and I do use the account which whitay is registered under.

Hmm, well these things happen, I guess. I've not been mentoring for that long, so I don't know whether this is a recurring problem or not. Anyway, I've PMed Greg, so hopefully he can sort it for you soon!

Just seems there is no e-mail address linked to the account. If you enter a new one you'll have to wait for an e-mail and click a link in it to activate the account again.

Merci.

1. Why is my account not working properly?

There could be a number of reasons why your account is not functioning as expected. Some common causes include technical issues with the website or app, incorrect login information, or a problem with your device.

2. How can I fix my malfunctioning account?

The first step to fixing a malfunctioning account is to try logging out and back in again. If that does not work, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, checking for any updates for the website or app, or contacting customer support for assistance.

3. What should I do if I am unable to access my account at all?

If you are unable to access your account at all, it is possible that there is an issue with your login credentials. Try resetting your password or contacting customer support for further assistance.

4. Is my personal information safe if my account is malfunctioning?

In most cases, your personal information should still be secure even if your account is not functioning properly. However, if you have concerns about the security of your account, it is best to contact customer support for assistance.

5. Will I lose any data if my account is malfunctioning?

In some cases, you may experience a loss of data if your account is malfunctioning. It is important to regularly save and back up any important information to prevent data loss. If you do experience a loss of data, you can try reaching out to customer support for assistance in recovering it.