What are your favorite bands/musicians?

• Music
  • Thread starter Galteeth
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the types of music that each person enjoys. They mention professional scientists and their interest in their opinions, as well as specific musicians such as Glen Gould playing Bach, Leo Kottke playing guitar without singing, and They Might Be Giants playing live. They also share their love for old bluegrass, big band music, jazz, and alternative, metal, hard rock, and industrial music. They mention a 3-man band, Kings X, and share links to some of their songs. They also mention liking Three Days Grace, Trapt, Breaking Benjamin, and Linkin Park.
Galteeth
Personally, I'm interested in the answers from professional scientists. What kind of music moves you?

Science news on Phys.org
Glen Gould playing Bach
Leo Kottke playing guitar without singing
They Might Be Giants playing liveedit:

actually, I kinda like some of Leo's singing, but often his lyrics don't do his music justice.

Old bluegrass.

Big band music, from the 1930s and 40s.

Jazz.

Alternative, Metal, Hard Rock, Industrial, Rock

Three Days Grace
Trapt
Breaking Benjamin
Linkin Park

1. What is your all-time favorite band?

As a scientist, I don't have a specific all-time favorite band. However, I do enjoy a variety of genres and artists depending on my mood and current interests.

2. Who is your favorite musician?

Again, I don't have one specific favorite musician. My taste in music is constantly evolving and I appreciate different artists for their unique styles and talents.

3. What genre of music do you prefer?

I don't have a preferred genre of music. As a scientist, I am open to exploring and appreciating all types of music.

4. Can you name a few of your favorite bands/musicians?

Some of my current favorite bands and musicians include Coldplay, Florence and the Machine, Kendrick Lamar, and Tame Impala. But this list is always subject to change as my musical interests continue to evolve.

5. How does music relate to your work as a scientist?

Music can play a role in my work as a scientist by providing inspiration and helping me to focus. I also find that listening to music can enhance my creativity and productivity while working on experiments or analyzing data.