Quickest way of plotting scientific histograms

In summary, there are a few methods for plotting histograms from unsorted data, but they can be either complex (such as using ROOT) or have a childish appearance (using online tools). The easiest and most professional option would be to use gnuplot and learn its style-altering commands. Alternatively, the data could possibly be imported into Open Office or Excel using delimiter options.
motoroller
I've tried a few methods of plotting histograms from unsorted data, but they're all extremely involved (ROOT) or look very "childish" (online tools).

What's the easiest way of plotting a histogram from a unicode text file with numbers in it?

Thanks in advance - need the histograms for some project work.

Technology news on Phys.org
For easy and (if you bother to learn the style-altering commands) professional looking plots of not-too-complicated data I recommend gnuplot.

You might be able to import the file into Open Office or Excel in the same way that a .CSV file can be imported. I know there are different options in Open Office for setting delimiters.

What is a histogram?

A histogram is a graphical representation of the distribution of numerical data. It consists of a series of vertical bars, where each bar represents a range of data values and the height of the bar represents the frequency or count of data points falling within that range.

What is the purpose of creating a histogram?

The purpose of creating a histogram is to visualize and understand the distribution of data. It allows for easy identification of patterns, outliers, and trends within the data set.

What is the quickest way to create a scientific histogram?

The quickest way to create a scientific histogram is by using specialized software or programming languages specifically designed for scientific data analysis, such as R, Python, or MATLAB. These tools have built-in functions and libraries for creating histograms with various customization options.

What are the important elements to consider when plotting a scientific histogram?

When plotting a scientific histogram, it is important to consider the appropriate bin size, as well as the range and scale of the data. The histogram should also have appropriate labels, titles, and a legend if multiple data sets are being compared.

How can I ensure the accuracy of my histogram?

To ensure the accuracy of a histogram, it is important to have a large enough sample size to accurately represent the data. Additionally, double-checking the data and the chosen bin size can help avoid misleading or incorrect representations of the data distribution.