No Physics Homework/Coursework Questions Here

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, before posting anything on Physics Forums, it is important to review the guidelines and rules provided in the thread https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=414380. This community has a dedicated forum for homework, coursework, and textbook questions which should be used for any related inquiries, even if they are not formally part of a class assignment. It is expected that all questions posted on Physics Forums are clear, complete, and well-thought-out, and that posters refrain from assuming that others are familiar with their thoughts and terminology. This serves to create a productive and knowledgeable environment for discussions on the current state of Physics.
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Before posting anything, please review the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=414380".

If you are seeking help with a homework/coursework/textbook related issue please post your problem in the appropriate forum in our https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152" area.

Just a heads up, we prefer that you make a solid effort and completing your problem before seeking help. We, as a general rule, will not do your homework for you.The General Physics forum is for discussions of the current state of Physics. We do not debate the validity of Relativity or Quantum Mechanics here.

Enjoy our forums, there are many very knowledgeable posters here. If you are not sure of your knowledge, read before posting. In general you will receive better information if you post clear and complete questions. Do not assume that we are all familiar with your thoughts and terminology.

Integral

PF Mentor

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes physics loverq and meyol99
Physics news on Phys.org
As a reminder, please do not post Homework/Schoolwork-type questions here. We have a dedicated forum for that:

Homework, Coursework, & Textbook Questions

This rule applies even if your question is not formally part of a HW/Coursework. Any type of question that has the same resemblance to that covered in a typical schoolwork must be posted in that forum, not in here.

Zz.

Last edited:

Please note that your post need not technically be for a formal class work. All HW/Coursework-TYPE questions must be posted in the HW/Coursework forum and are required to abide by the same guidelines.

All HW/Coursework-type posts in the wrong forum are subjected to be deleted without being moved to the appropriate forum.

Zz.

1. Why can't I ask physics homework/coursework questions here?

The purpose of this platform is for scientists to share their knowledge and expertise with others, not to complete assignments or coursework for individuals. Asking for help with homework or coursework also goes against the principles of academic honesty and integrity.

2. Where can I get help with my physics homework/coursework then?

You can seek help from your teachers, peers, or tutors. There are also online forums and resources specifically designed for students to get help with their physics assignments.

3. Can I ask for clarification on a concept or theory related to my homework/coursework?

Yes, you can ask for clarification on a concept or theory related to your assignments, as long as it is not a direct question from your homework or coursework. It is important to show effort and attempt to solve the problem on your own before seeking clarification.

4. How can I improve my understanding of physics without asking homework/coursework questions here?

You can improve your understanding of physics by actively participating in class, studying and practicing regularly, and seeking help from reliable sources such as textbooks, online resources, and study groups. You can also ask conceptual questions related to physics on this platform.

5. What happens if I still ask physics homework/coursework questions here?

Your question will likely be removed by moderators, and you may receive a warning or suspension for violating the community guidelines. Repeated offenses may result in a permanent ban from the platform. It is important to respect the guidelines and purpose of this platform.