Revealing the Obvious: Capitalism and Iraq Invasion

• News
  • Thread starter pocebokli
  • Start date
In summary, Zero is tired of people who argue why Iraq was invaded and why France didn't want us to invade. He also argues that all of the countries wanted oil from Iraq.
pocebokli
I would like to clear one single most important (and OBVIOUS) issue that almost everyone here has a problem with.

I'm really tired of arguments why was Iraq invaded and why France didn't want US to invade iraq and why russia even more didn't want it. And why would they do it if saddam wouldn't trade with them and all of the combinations you can come up.

For da MONEY! ALL of the countries want OIL from iraq. ALLLLLLLLLLLLL (screaming into your ear)! REMEMBAH!

Ok, WHY (doh...)? Because we live in a CAPITALISTIC WORLD. Yeah, the word tells you all, if it doesn't, read again and again.
Claiming the opposite is the same as if I was sitting in a swimming pool, saying that I'M NOT WET, while only my hair is still dry!

Are you even aware of OUR SYSTEM? Does any of you know it's DYNAMICS? what keeps it UP AND RUNNING? How DOES IT WORK?

And how the hell are you able to find 101 dotted reasons, but the one with no dots "ELUDES" you?

Do you even know where you live and who makes your "originale American Nike" shoez?

I'm not saying that i know a better alternative or that communism is the anwser.

Just pleaseplaseplease stop acting so remarkably blindly stupid as if you got high on pot and then banged your head into wall for a few minutes dammit!

Good. Now i feel better and zero can close yet another thread, so I don't get targeted by smelly old originale nike socks from the goody goody western christian world, whose morality and acts are not at all based on gathering of wealth, but on the teachings of our lord jesus, his impotent father god, and their imaginary friend!

Physics news on Phys.org
You should try posting something besides drunken-sounding rants.

I agree with Zero. But his word goes farther than mine here, so maybe I shouldn't waste my time.

cookiemonster

maybe I should.

But you should definitely try to obtain some sense of humor (i admit, that varies) and learn how to read between lines.. it does no difference anyway since you miss the entire point anyway...

perhaps i should nail a neon sign somewhere instead of a text post.

Sorry, random capitalization of words, repeated l's, and massive amounts of punctuation at the end of fragmented sentences don't compel me to read the lines themselves, much less between them.

cookiemonster

Originally posted by pocebokli
maybe I should.
But you should definitely try to obtain some sense of humor (i admit, that varies) and learn how to read between lines.. it does no difference anyway since you miss the entire point anyway...
perhaps i should nail a neon sign somewhere instead of a text post.
Don't really know why you should wish to impose yourself upon everyone else so harshly, perhaps you should simply follow your own advice about a 'sense of humor'...read what you wrote, yea, so? that is an incomplete viewpoint in respect of the Big(ger) Picture of Just how "Everything" works...not all so cut and dry, not all controlled by 'one' person, or Nation, not everything is done for money, as having an oil supply, helps to keep people 'warm and dry', (Food gets delivered...by truck...there too?) too, especailly in a place like Canada, you know Winter...

1) What is the main argument of "Revealing the Obvious: Capitalism and Iraq Invasion"?

The main argument of "Revealing the Obvious: Capitalism and Iraq Invasion" is that the invasion of Iraq by the United States was primarily driven by capitalist interests, rather than the stated reasons of weapons of mass destruction and promoting democracy.

2) How does the author support this argument?

The author supports this argument by examining the actions and statements of key players involved in the decision to invade Iraq, such as President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, and how their ties to the oil and defense industries influenced their decisions.

3) Has this argument been controversial?

Yes, this argument has been controversial, with some critics arguing that it oversimplifies the complex motivations behind the Iraq invasion and ignores other factors such as geopolitical strategy and national security concerns.

4) What evidence does the author use to support their argument?

The author uses a variety of evidence to support their argument, including government documents, speeches and interviews from key players, and economic data on the oil and defense industries. They also draw on historical examples and comparisons to other conflicts driven by capitalist interests.

5) What impact does this argument have on our understanding of the Iraq invasion?

This argument challenges the official narrative surrounding the Iraq invasion and sheds light on the role of capitalism in shaping political decisions. It forces us to critically examine the motivations behind the invasion and raises important questions about the influence of corporate interests on government actions.