Understandable, recent physics

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the simplest modern physics concept to grasp for a layman is gravity, as it is observable on a regular basis. However, opinions may vary depending on personal understanding and studying of different concepts. One potential candidate for a simple yet fundamental post-1905 physics concept is the fusion of two surfaces when their electrons overlap, which is currently being tested in a lab.
Loren Booda
In your opinion, what modern physics - theoretical or observational - is simplest to grasp?

Physics news on Phys.org
none :smile:

How do you define 'modern'? Post-Egyptian, post-Galilean, post-Newtonian...?
I think that for a layman (of which I is one), gravity might be the easiest to grasp observationally just because things fall down. You don't need the specifics to understand that it happens on a pretty regular basis.

OK, what post-1905 physics is easiest to grasp mathematically by the layperson, yet most fundamental?

Well the opinion on this question would be different for a different person.

If you are studying particular recent physics concepts, then perhaps they seem easier to grasp for you.

If that is the case, then the answer for me would be the concept that if two similar surfaces are so clean that when they make contact, they can get so close to each other that the electrons overlap, then those two surfaces will fuse together.

I am currently testing this in a lab.

That's pure Jeanius!

Loren Booda said:
That's pure Jeanius!

:rofl: Was that necessary?

1. What is "Understandable, recent physics"?

"Understandable, recent physics" refers to the study of the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy in our universe, as well as the latest advancements and discoveries in the field of physics.

2. Why is it important to understand recent physics?

Understanding recent physics is crucial because it allows us to comprehend how the world around us works, from the tiniest particles to the entire universe. It also helps us develop new technologies and make advancements in various fields such as medicine, engineering, and energy production.

3. What are some recent developments in physics?

Some recent developments in physics include the discovery of the Higgs boson, advancements in quantum computing, the study of dark matter and dark energy, and the development of new materials with unique properties.

4. Is recent physics only for scientists?

No, recent physics is not limited to scientists. Anyone can learn and understand the basic principles and concepts of physics through various resources such as books, documentaries, and online courses.

5. How can I stay updated on recent physics developments?

You can stay updated on recent physics developments by following reputable science news websites, subscribing to scientific journals, attending conferences and lectures, and following prominent physicists and scientific organizations on social media.