Attachment Approval: Will Thread Jump to Top?

• Thread starter Defennder
  • Start date
In summary, there is a concern that in a popular forum, threads with attachments may not be addressed until the attachment is approved and by then they may be buried in the forum. A suggestion is for members to use image-hosting sites for images and for answers, to type them out. Another helpful tip is to subscribe to a post in a "delete" folder if the diagram is needed before answering. Consideration is being given to changing the system so that when texts are approved, the post will move to the top of the forum.
Defennder
Homework Helper
I've got a question here. When an attachment is approved does the thread automatically jump to the top of the forum? Because I'm concerned that in a popular forum where many new threads are created all the time, threads whose content are heavily dependant on attachments may not be addressed until their attachment has been approved and by then they may be buried in the 2nd or 3rd page.

Physics news on Phys.org
image-hosting sites

Defennder said:
I've got a question here. When an attachment is approved does the thread automatically jump to the top of the forum? Because I'm concerned that in a popular forum where many new threads are created all the time, threads whose content are heavily dependant on attachments may not be addressed until their attachment has been approved and by then they may be buried in the 2nd or 3rd page.

Hi Defennder! :smile:

Yes, it's a big problem (I think even the OP doesn't get a notification) …

for images, it would be better if members used image-hosting sites

and, for answers, if they took the trouble to actually type them out! :rolleyes:

(helpful tip: if I'm minded to answer a post, but i need to see the diagram, then i subscribe to it in a special "delete" folder, which i can check once a day :wink:)

Hmmm, this is something I might take into consideration. When I approve texts, the, the posts stay where they are, But I could change that. Is that something everyone thinks would help?

1. What is "Attachment Approval" in relation to threads?

"Attachment Approval" refers to the process of a thread being reviewed and approved by a moderator before it is displayed at the top of a forum or discussion board.

2. Why is "Attachment Approval" necessary?

"Attachment Approval" is necessary to ensure that all content posted on the forum is appropriate and follows the community guidelines. It also helps to prevent spam or irrelevant posts from cluttering the top of the forum.

3. How does "Attachment Approval" work?

When a user creates a new thread, it is automatically placed in a moderation queue. A moderator will review the thread and either approve it or reject it. If approved, the thread will then be moved to the top of the forum for everyone to see.

4. Can I bypass "Attachment Approval" and have my thread jump to the top immediately?

No, the "Attachment Approval" process is in place for all threads and cannot be bypassed. This ensures that all threads are reviewed and approved before being displayed at the top of the forum.

5. How long does it take for a thread to go through "Attachment Approval"?

The time it takes for a thread to go through "Attachment Approval" may vary, depending on the number of moderators and the amount of content being reviewed. Generally, it should not take longer than a day for a thread to be approved or rejected.