Editing Posts: How to Make Changes to Your Content

• Thread starter olek1991
  • Start date
In summary: It is against our policy. In summary, the conversation is about finding an error in a topic and editing it. It is mentioned that there is a 24-hour window to edit, after which a mentor can help. The possibility of adding a signature is also discussed, but it is noted that promoting outside websites is not allowed. The person is asked to stop promoting their website, but is allowed to have a text link in their signature if they become a contributor. Finally, someone asks for their post to be deleted, but it is not allowed according to forum policy.
olek1991
Hey, I found an error in a topic I made and id like to edit it, how do I do this?

Physics news on Phys.org
olek1991 said:
Hey, I found an error in a topic I made and id like to edit it, how do I do this?

You have 24 hours in which you can edit. After that, you will need help from a mentor. If the error is serious, try PMing the mentor in charge of whatever forum you posted the topic.

If the post is over 24 hours old, you cannot edit it. If you can you link to the post here and show what you want edited, we can edit the post for you.

Edit: or pm the forum mentor as sylas said, or you can send your request to the mentor's forum by hitting the "report post" button on the left.

It's corrected.

Thanks, and while I'm at it, how do I add a sig?

olek1991 said:
Thanks, and while I'm at it, how do I add a sig?
To add a signature so that it shows up automatically, you need to either be a contributor, or be a designated Homework Helper or Science Advisor.

Ah, I'll just add it manually then xD
Thanks for your help :D

Lol, to ask Mentors to edit a post where you promote parascientifica dot com, "The top paranormal resource"... And it is not an accident, you post a link in every third post.

Borek said:
Lol, to ask Mentors to edit a post where you promote parascientifica dot com, "The top paranormal resource"... And it is not an accident, you post a link in every third post.

Most are sources, one is an add posted as an improvised sig, but I don't see the prob as you also have a whole link bunch in your sig.

olek1991 said:
Most are sources, one is an add posted as an improvised sig, but I don't see the prob as you also have a whole link bunch in your sig.

Links to paranormal websites are not allowed in the main forums. It might be allowed in the Skepticism and Debunking forum as a point of discussion, but not as a signature. Please check the S&D rules to figure out when it might be allowed as a link for discussion (like your current "teeth" discussion thread there.

I've edited the link out of your posts in the technical forums.

Howabout my science/tech part of the forums? :P
http://forums.parascientifica.com/viewforum.php?f=40

Last edited by a moderator:
olek1991 said:
Howabout my science/tech part of the forums? :P
http://forums.parascientifica.com/viewforum.php?f=40

negative, it is clear you are here to promote your site, either stop or we will make it stop :devil:

Last edited:
Well not really promote, just keep it in a sig as I do on all forums.
Would be nice if youd let me have a text link xD
But I'll stop wit the random link postings if I really have to.

olek1991 said:
Well not really promote, just keep it in a sig as I do on all forums.
Would be nice if youd let me have a text link xD
But I'll stop wit the random link postings if I really have to.

You are welcome to a text link in your sig if you become a contributor
https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php

Last edited:
could someone maybe delete my post "electron gun design using faraday cage like setup" since nobody knows an answer to the question

scientist1234 said:
could someone maybe delete my post "electron gun design using faraday cage like setup" since nobody knows an answer to the question
Sorry, we do not delete posts for that reason.

1. How do I edit a post on a website?

To edit a post on a website, you will need to log into your account and navigate to the post you wish to edit. There should be an option to "edit" or "modify" the post. Click on this and make the changes you wish to make. Don't forget to save your changes before exiting the editing mode.

2. Can I edit a post after it has been published?

Yes, most websites allow you to edit a post even after it has been published. Simply follow the same steps as you would for editing a post that has not been published yet. Keep in mind that some websites may have a time limit for editing published posts, so it's best to make your changes as soon as possible.

3. How do I add images or videos to my edited post?

To add images or videos to your edited post, you can usually find an option to insert media within the editing mode. Click on this option and upload the desired media from your computer or from a URL. Make sure to properly place the media within your post to ensure it is displayed correctly.

4. Can I undo changes I made while editing a post?

Yes, most websites have an "undo" or "revert" option within the editing mode. This will allow you to go back to a previous version of your post before you made any changes. However, once you save your changes, you may not be able to undo them.

5. How can I preview my changes before publishing them?

To preview your changes before publishing them, many websites have a "preview" option within the editing mode. This will show you how your post will look once it is published with the changes you have made. If there is no preview option, you can also open your post in a new tab to see how it will look once published.