New at Mathematica, Need some help

• Thread starter BustedBreaks
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, to get started with Mathematica, you can familiarize yourself with the basics through tutorials and resources on the website. Common functions and commands include Plot, Solve, and Integrate, which can be found in the documentation. Data can be imported using the Import function with support for various file formats. The appearance of a notebook can be customized and collaboration is possible through CloudShare and the Wolfram Language.
BustedBreaks
hi, I have two equations that I have used the Solve function in Mathematica to solve for A in both equations

What I am having trouble with is trying to equate the results and solving for another variable J automatically

Basically this is what I want to do:

Solve[Eqn1, A]

It gives {{A -> blah1}}

Solve[Eqn2, A]

It gives {{A -> blah2}}

Then

Solve[blah1=blah2, J]
It gives J -> blah3

automatically.THANKS!

Physics news on Phys.org
It will simultaneously solve for A consistent with both equations if you just input: Solve[{Eq1, Eq2},A].

1. How do I get started with Mathematica?

To get started with Mathematica, you can first familiarize yourself with the basics of the software by going through the tutorials and examples provided in the "Help" menu. You can also find helpful resources such as user guides, videos, and forums on the Mathematica website.

2. What are some common functions and commands in Mathematica?

Some common functions and commands in Mathematica include Plot for creating graphs, Solve for solving equations, and Integrate for computing integrals. You can find a comprehensive list of functions and commands in the Mathematica documentation.

3. How can I import data into Mathematica?

You can import data into Mathematica by using the Import function. This function supports various file formats such as CSV, Excel, and JSON. You can also specify the format and structure of your data to ensure it is imported correctly.

4. Can I customize the appearance of my Mathematica notebook?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your notebook by changing the font, color scheme, and layout. You can also add images, equations, and interactive elements to make your notebook more visually appealing and user-friendly.

5. How can I collaborate with others using Mathematica?

You can collaborate with others using Mathematica by using the CloudShare function, which allows you to share your notebooks with others and work on them simultaneously. You can also use the Wolfram Language to create and share interactive documents and applications.