Any proof that it WAS Osama bin Laden

• News
  • Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bin Proof
In summary, it seems that Osama bin Laden was probably responsible for the World Trade Center attacks. There is evidence that he was involved, and he seems to have been surprised that it actually worked.
Smurf
It seems to be common knowledge that Osama bin Laden was to blame for the World Trade Center attacks. But I don't ever recall hearing any solid proof that it was in fact him, only that video of him saying the men who did do that were good men.
Anyone know anything about it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Werks fer me!

He's never explicitly stated it (that I know of), but there is plenty of evidence that it was him. Remember, all of the terrorists were identified and tracked after the attack. In addition, the 20th hijacker, currently on trial, has admitted he's a member of Al Queda.

russ_watters said:
He's never explicitly stated it (that I know of), but there is plenty of evidence that it was him. Remember, all of the terrorists were identified and tracked after the attack. In addition, the 20th hijacker, currently on trial, has admitted he's a member of Al Queda.

I am too tired to find it right now, but I remember a statement about "when we planned it, I never thought the towers would fall, none of us did. But god willing they did!"
Something about his whole shocked that it actually worked. His posessive terms and the mention of planning pretty much is an admission in my book. I'll find the link later.

phatmonky said:
I am too tired to find it right now, but I remember a statement about "when we planned it, I never thought the towers would fall, none of us did. But god willing they did!"
Something about his whole shocked that it actually worked. His posessive terms and the mention of planning pretty much is an admission in my book. I'll find the link later.
I also heard/saw that. It was a video clip that was translated, supposedly. It was on all of the major news channels.

I too remember that video. It was a huge deal when they got the video.

Ahh Ok then! I must've missed it, oh well.

1. Is there any concrete evidence that Osama bin Laden was responsible for the 9/11 attacks?

Yes, there is substantial evidence that links Osama bin Laden to the planning and execution of the 9/11 attacks. This includes video and audio recordings of bin Laden claiming responsibility, intelligence reports, and testimonies from high-ranking al-Qaeda members.

2. How do we know that the videos and recordings of bin Laden claiming responsibility are authentic?

The authenticity of these recordings has been confirmed by multiple sources, including the CIA and other intelligence agencies. Additionally, the content and context of the recordings align with other evidence linking bin Laden to the attacks.

3. Are there any other suspects or groups who could have been responsible for the 9/11 attacks?

While there have been various theories and speculation about other potential suspects, there is no concrete evidence to support these claims. The majority of evidence and expert analysis points to Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda as the primary perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks.

4. Why was it important to capture or kill Osama bin Laden?

Osama bin Laden was the leader of al-Qaeda and the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks. He was also responsible for numerous other terrorist attacks around the world. Capturing or killing him was a crucial step in dismantling the leadership and capabilities of al-Qaeda and preventing future attacks.

5. How did the US government confirm the death of Osama bin Laden?

The death of Osama bin Laden was confirmed through various means, including DNA testing, facial recognition, and identification by members of the US military who were present during the operation. The US government also released a statement and provided evidence to support the claim of his death.