Maxwell13 Tutorials - Ansoft: Get Started with Axial Flux PMG

• Thread starter johnbrown11
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ansoft
In summary: Hi,There is not a specific way to measure magnetic flux density, but you could use a field calculator to calculate it.
johnbrown11
Hello,

I am new to using Maxwell and I can not find a good tutorial anywhere. I am trying model an axial flux permanent magnet generator, but I have no where to start. Anyone have any suggestions, tips or anything?

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
This appears to be a duplicate post.

Well I have created a rough draft geometry. I used cylinders for wires which are around another cylinder that are washers. I am unsure of how to connect the wires in series since there are no terminals? Also, I am unsure of how to input the amount of turns the coil has.

Any help would be nice

So after some reading, coil of wires are assumed to be connected in series. With that said, how do I define where the current will come from? I know I have to use eddy currents solution, but I am unsure how to go about this.

Thanks

Hi,
Do you still need help in Maxwell? I did many projects using Ansoft Maxwell and I am ready to share...

Cheers

Hey there,

Yes I could use you help! The tech support is not very helpful. Message me your email so we can talk if that's ok. Thanks!

I created the geometry and inputed all the materials and what not, but when i simulate, i do not get results anywhere near the physical model generator we built.

Hello,
My email is sasa.oparnica@gmail.com. I hope that I can help. I have to warn you, english is not my native language, so forgive me if I make mistakes...

Cheers

From my experience, simulation results are very close to the bench model. Error is less than 10% and I did hundred different simulations and compare them with real model. But, there is too much variables that can produce totally different results. I need more info…

Cheers

I will send you an email describing my simulation and everything you will need to know.

ok i sent you an email

also, which is a better way to communicate with you? on here or email?

hi
I'm working in maxwell 2d,I want to measuring Magnetic flux density of a NdFeB bar magnet on the spline using Field Calculator
is there anyone who can help me?
Thanks

1. What is Ansoft Maxwell13?

Ansoft Maxwell13 is a software program used for electromagnetic simulation and analysis. It is specifically designed for engineers and scientists working in the fields of electromagnetics, electronics, and electromechanical systems.

2. What are the benefits of using Ansoft Maxwell13?

Ansoft Maxwell13 provides a powerful and accurate platform for designing and simulating various electromagnetic systems. It allows users to analyze the performance of their designs and make necessary improvements before building physical prototypes, saving time and resources. It also offers a user-friendly interface and extensive documentation for easy learning and use.

3. How can I get started with Axial Flux PMG in Ansoft Maxwell13?

To get started with Axial Flux PMG in Ansoft Maxwell13, you can follow the tutorial provided by the software. This tutorial will guide you through the steps of building a basic model, setting up the parameters, and running simulations. You can also refer to the software's documentation for further guidance.

4. Can Ansoft Maxwell13 be used for any type of electromagnetic simulation?

Ansoft Maxwell13 is primarily designed for electromagnetic simulations related to electronics and electromechanical systems. It can be used for a wide range of applications, including motors, transformers, solenoids, and sensors. However, it may not be suitable for simulations of extremely high frequencies or very complex systems.

5. Is Ansoft Maxwell13 suitable for beginners?

Ansoft Maxwell13 can be used by both beginners and experienced users. It offers a user-friendly interface and comprehensive tutorials and documentation, making it easy for beginners to get started. However, some basic knowledge of electromagnetics and simulation techniques is recommended for better understanding and use of the software.