Don't really know how to put it

• Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date
In summary, the author has a sibling who is worried about their brother's new relationship, and they express their concerns in a summary. They mention that they are not one to normally cry, and that they have cried for an hour and a half in the past night and another half an hour this morning. They talk about how their brother is acting differently, and that they think something is not right. They also mention that their brother has a fiance, but they are concerned about something that is not clear. They say that they will have a chat with the fiance and find out what is going on. They mention that they love their brother to no end, and care about him a lot.
I'm 27 and my gf is 23 and she is definitely more mature than me, but I'm lucky enough that she accepts that :tongue: I think it comes from the fact that she's a kindergarten teacher and knows how to deal with 3 year olds...

Physics news on Phys.org
mcknia07 said:
The whole being upstair alone with the opposite sex, is just a general rule.
Sometimes rules need to be changed. The rules that make sense when the kids are 13 and 14 don't make a lot of sense when they are 21.

The other day, she called like 8 times within 20 minutes, yeah, it was pretty annoying, and my brother thought so too.
If she is insecure and does stuff like that to annoy him, he can make up his own mind if these are things overshadowed by other good things in the relationship, or if she's just generally annoying him. It's not going to help for you to keep sending mixed signals about her too...you say you like her but constantly criticize her. He's a grown up, whether you and your mother like it or not, and he can make his own choices, for good or bad.

If they want privacy, they should go to her apartment.

It sounds as though his "mean and sneaky" behavior might actually be defensive and guilty...nothing more...give him time and don't push him away...or hang on too tight.

redargon said:
I'm 27 and my gf is 23 and she is definitely more mature than me, but I'm lucky enough that she accepts that :tongue: I think it comes from the fact that she's a kindergarten teacher and knows how to deal with 3 year olds...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WhoWee said:
If they want privacy, they should go to her apartment.

It sounds as though his "mean and sneaky" behavior might actually be defensive and guilty...nothing more...give him time and don't push him away...or hang on too tight.

She still lives with her parents, lol.

She is now out of the picture, my brother broke up with her kinda on last saturday, then she turned around and broke up with him on sunday, (we think, just so she can sa yshe really did it, but whatev)

My brother is back to his normal self. :biggrin:

mcknia07 said:
She is now out of the picture, my brother broke up with her kinda on last saturday, then she turned around and broke up with him on sunday, (we think, just so she can sa yshe really did it, but whatev)

Are you serious? Jeez, this sounds like a story between a couple of 13 year olds, not adults!

Let's hope you can all learn something from this, lest it will happen all over again when he gets with someone else in the future. I find it hard to believe that these problems were 100% due to her.

mcknia07 said:

I'm glad to hear that things are well. :-)

mcknia07 said:

nice to hear that:smile: