Is Time Speeding Up? The Possibility of a Universally Accelerating Clock

• Thread starter dshaw
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the author is discussing the idea that time can speed up, and does not seem to have any evidence to support this claim.
dshaw
Time "speeding up"?

When I first heard of this, I laughed. But then it had me going. Is it possible to measure something such as time, when you and your entire environment is relative to it? Is it possible for time to be universally 'speeding up?'

Physics news on Phys.org
dshaw said:
When I first heard of this, I laughed. But then it had me going. Is it possible to measure something such as time, when you and your entire environment is relative to it? Is it possible for time to be universally 'speeding up?'

There is no physical experiment which can tell you what speed you are going in an inertial frame unless you assume some other inertial frame to be 'at rest'.

So I would argue it doesn't matter at what speed time is going at all. It's still one second per second, so to speak.

The rate of change, or speeding up, of anything is its derivative with respect to time. So the rate of change of time is dt/dt, which of course is 1. IOW, a trivial concept that contains no useful physics.

Everything is just as it appears to be, and so is nothing. Comparing what can be observed to what cannot be observed does not yield useful information.

Im no scientist but this is what think, I think time is linked to e = mc2, everything on a small scale is energy, time is just the movement of energy, that's why the universe expands, without expansion there would be no time.Consciousness is again energy that's being watched, the brain converts all energy, what you see depends on your consciousness level.Its like looking into the mirror seeing yourself and at that instant you realize you are watching yourself.You have the word mercedes benz in your mind and eventually you are going to see many mercedes benz cars, its all about awareness.
I think the only way time can speed up is if you change the vibrational frequency of energy, I think at the end of the day, the power lies in you, you are creating every second, the more you create the faster time will go, creating is energy and energy is time, all our tehnological advances have made creation faster, therefore time will seem quicker too

1. Is there evidence that time is actually speeding up?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the idea that time is actually speeding up. The perception of time may vary among individuals, but the rate at which time passes remains constant.

2. What is the concept of a universally accelerating clock?

The concept of a universally accelerating clock suggests that the rate at which time passes is increasing, not just for individuals, but for the entire universe. This idea is based on the notion that the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate.

3. What is the cause of this supposed acceleration of time?

The cause of this supposed acceleration of time is still unknown and is a topic of ongoing scientific research. Some theories suggest that it could be due to the expansion of the universe, while others propose that it is a result of the human perception of time.

4. Could time actually run out or come to an end?

Based on our current understanding of time, it is highly unlikely that time will come to an end or run out. The concept of time is an integral part of the fabric of the universe and it is unlikely that it will ever cease to exist.

5. How does the concept of time relate to the theory of relativity?

The theory of relativity, proposed by Albert Einstein, explains how time and space are intertwined and can be affected by gravity and motion. However, the theory does not suggest that time is speeding up universally, but rather that time is relative and can vary depending on the observer's frame of reference.