Can you help me choose among these?

• Thread starter Urmi Roy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about choosing a topic for a project related to aerospace studies, specifically aerodynamics and propulsion engineering. The options are: 1. Supercritical Circulating Fluidised Bed Boiler, 2. Low Speed Auto brake using infrared rays, 3. Next Generation Power Plant, and 4. Dust Suppression Technique. The person is also seeking guidance on how to write a review paper on "THE EFFECTS OF SPACE CHARGE IN A HYPERSONIC MAGNETOHYDRODYNAMIC POWER GENERATOR" as a method of auxiliary power in hypersonic vehicles. They are unsure if they need to refer to other sources and whether to simply restate the information from the paper in a concise way.
Urmi Roy
Can you help me choose among these??!

I'm currently doing second year mechanical engineering and would like to do MS in Aerodynamics and Propulsion technolgy (branch of Aerospace studies).
However, my college appointed me an internship at a Power Training Institute and I guess I have to make the mosr of it...
I have to make a project based on any field relating to my work here and I want to choose a topic that'd also relate to my long term goal, Aeorspace studies...

So among these, which would be related (in atleast some way) to Aerodynamics and Propulsion Engineering...

1. Supercritical Circulating Fluidised Bed Boiler.
2. Low Speed Auto brake using infrared rays.
3. Next Generation Power Plant
4. Dust Suppression Technique.

I know I sound hopeless, but any guidance will be appreciated :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org

okay,well can someone tell me how exactly to write a review paper...I mean I found a huge pdf about how "THE EFFECTS OF SPACE CHARGE IN A HYPERSONIC
MAGNETOHYDRODYNAMIC POWER GENERATOR"...(the link is http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=ADA473277)
This is supposed to be a method of auxiliary power in hypersonic vehicles...
...do i need to refer to many other sources of information? Do I just restate whatever's written in this paper in a concise way?

1. Can you explain the differences between these options?

As a scientist, I can help you understand the distinctions between the different options you are considering. This may include conducting research, analyzing data, and providing evidence-based explanations.

2. Which option do you think would be the most effective?

While I can provide my professional opinion, the most effective option ultimately depends on your specific needs and goals. I can help you evaluate the options based on different criteria and assist in determining the best choice for your situation.

3. How do I know if I am choosing the right option?

There is no definitive answer to this question, as the "right" option can be subjective and dependent on various factors. However, I can guide you in making an informed decision by discussing the pros and cons of each option and considering your specific needs and priorities.

4. Can you provide any recommendations or suggestions?

As a scientist, I can offer suggestions based on my expertise and knowledge in the field. However, it is ultimately up to you to decide which option aligns with your goals and preferences.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks to these options?

Each option may have its own potential drawbacks, and it is important to thoroughly consider and evaluate them before making a decision. As a scientist, I can assist in identifying and discussing any potential downsides of each option.