Designing ATV Rear Wheel Solid Axle: Considerations

In summary, Tomasz Lityński, an engineer specialized in vehicles, is interested in designing a solid axle ATV for rear wheel drive without differential. He is seeking advice and assistance in terms of design considerations, such as track width and suspension linkage position, and offers his services in technical drawings, CAD design, and private lessons for potential collaboration.
jjrocks
I m considering to design a solid axle ATV for rear wheel drive without differential...so I want to know about what design considerations I have to consider while its designing.(like track width...suspension linkage position)

Engineering news on Phys.org
Tomasz Lityński
Artofprogress Limited
artofprogresslimited@topmail.co.uk

23rd of July 2014

Hello

I have read Your post about solid axle ATV and it make an impression on me.
If You don't mind I would like to say some words about myself:
I have graduated my engineer studies on the Technical University of Lodz, on the Mechanical Faculty. My education is in accordance with my interests with vehicles, airplanes and other machines. I feel a great need of creating and it influences on my professional progress. Since 2010 I work as a freelancer in my own firm. I am occupied with services in the field of technical drawings, CAD design and private lessons.
I'm sure that we could co-operate in Your ATV project. Please write what could I do for You (advices, calculations, CAD drawings)
If You are interested in my offer please contact me by e-mail.

Best regards
Tomasz Lityński

1. What are the benefits of using a solid axle for an ATV rear wheel?

A solid axle provides better traction and stability compared to an independent suspension system. It also reduces the risk of damage and wear on the ATV's components.

2. What are the main factors to consider when designing an ATV rear wheel solid axle?

The main factors to consider are the weight and load capacity of the ATV, terrain conditions, and the desired level of performance and handling. Other factors include the materials used for the axle and the axle's diameter and length.

3. How does the design of the solid axle affect the ATV's overall performance?

The design of the solid axle can greatly impact the ATV's overall performance. A well-designed axle can improve traction, stability, and handling, while a poorly designed one can negatively affect these factors. It is important to consider the intended use of the ATV and design the axle accordingly.

4. What are some common challenges when designing an ATV rear wheel solid axle?

Some common challenges include finding the right balance between strength and weight, ensuring compatibility with other ATV components, and addressing potential issues such as axle flex and bearing wear.

5. Is it possible to customize or modify a solid axle for an ATV?

Yes, it is possible to customize or modify a solid axle to better suit an ATV's specific needs. However, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the principles of axle design and seek professional assistance if necessary to ensure the modification is safe and effective.