Question about finding journal paper

In summary, the conversation is about someone trying to find a specific journal article titled "On the theory of superfluidity" from The Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics USSR in 1947. They have tried searching online and through university libraries, but have been unable to find it. They ask for suggestions on how to obtain the article.
Dathascome
Hi there, I wasn't really sure where to post this but here seemed the best place.

I'm trying to find a journal article but having a bit of trouble and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find it. It's an article from The Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics USSR from 1947 titled "On the theory of superfluidity" (specifically N. N. Bogoliubov, J. Phys. USSR 11, 23 (1947)).
I haven't been able to find the article anywhere online (just lots of citations of it) and at my school the translated journals only go back to 1956.
Anyone have any idea how I could get a hold of the article?
Thanks much

Physics news on Phys.org
Most university libraries have catalogs that you can search on line. If you can find one that has the volume that you need, you can probably either borrow that volume (in the USA this is called "interlibrary loan") or have a copy made of the specific article, by making a request through your own university's library. Ask your library staff about it.

Yeah I tried that already too. Going though my schools library I tried to find the journal article online, I got as far http://scitation.aip.org/jetp/ which redirects to http://www.springerlink.com/content/119841/ but they don't seem to have articles as old as the one I'm looking for. Perhaps they just weren't translated into English? Or there's no website hosting the articles anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I find a specific journal paper?

There are a few ways to find a specific journal paper. You can search for the title or author on a search engine such as Google. You can also use academic databases like JSTOR or PubMed to search for the paper. Additionally, many universities and libraries have subscriptions to online journal databases where you can search for the paper by title, author, or keywords.

2. What is the best way to search for journal papers?

The best way to search for journal papers is to use a combination of search terms, keywords, and filters. Start by brainstorming relevant keywords and terms related to your topic. Then, use these terms in a search engine or academic database to find relevant papers. You can also use filters, such as publication date or subject area, to narrow down your search results.

3. How do I know if a journal paper is reliable?

To determine the reliability of a journal paper, you can look at several factors. First, check the credibility of the author and their affiliations. Next, look at the journal's impact factor and the quality of its editorial board. You can also check for any conflicts of interest or biases in the paper. Additionally, reading reviews and citations of the paper can give you a better understanding of its reliability.

4. Can I access journal papers for free?

Some journal papers are available for free, but most require a subscription or payment to access. However, many universities and libraries have subscriptions to online journal databases, which allow students and faculty to access papers for free. You can also try reaching out to the author directly to request a copy of the paper.

5. How do I cite a journal paper in my research?

Citing a journal paper in your research follows a specific format, depending on the citation style you are using. Generally, you will need to include the author's name, publication date, title of the paper, journal name, volume and issue number, and page numbers. You can find specific citation guidelines for your chosen style, such as APA or MLA, online or in a style guide book. It is important to properly cite all sources used in your research to avoid plagiarism.