Certain Ads Cause Page to Not Load

• Thread starter erok81
  • Start date
In summary, users are experiencing issues with certain ads causing the page to not fully load. Refreshing the page does not solve the problem, and the only fix is to completely refresh the page with Ctrl+F5. This seems to be a problem on multiple sites, not just the forum. The specific ad causing the issue is the Cisco's Valet ad.
erok81
Does this happen to anyone else?

I scanned the main page of this section and didn't see anything. Entering any section will cause an ad to show - every now and again certain ads won't let the rest of the page to load. I can refresh all day but if the same ad loads, I get nothing past the top ad. The only fix is a ctrl+f5 to completely refresh page and load a new ad.

Can I fix this in my settings or is it site related? I've had this problem on other sites as well. I am using windows 7 with IE8.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you've had the problem on other sites, I'd be inclined to say it was a user issue instead of a forum issue. Does this happen very often, or is it just with a handful of ads? If the latter, then perhaps if you could let us know which ad, the matter could be looked into?

I'd say it happens the most here. In this case I am pretty sure the ad started with v. Now that I have a thread, I'll post as soon as it happens again.

I think I'm having the same problem. The multiple adds and the Shrek ad allow the page to complete loading. Cisco's Valet ad stops the page from completely loading. I'm using Internet Explorer 8 on a wireless connection.

Last edited:
That's the exact ad I was having trouble with.

What causes certain ads to cause a page to not load?

Certain ads can cause a page to not load due to various reasons such as a slow internet connection, ad blockers, or the ad itself being too heavy and causing the page to take longer to load.

How can I fix the issue of certain ads causing a page to not load?

To fix this issue, you can try disabling your ad blocker, clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser. You can also try contacting the website's support team for further assistance.

Can the website owner prevent certain ads from causing page loading issues?

Yes, website owners can prevent certain ads from causing page loading issues by using ad blockers or by implementing ad size and weight restrictions for advertisements on their website.

Why do some websites have more issues with certain ads causing page loading problems than others?

This can be due to a variety of factors such as the type of ads being used, the website's server and hosting capabilities, and the overall design and layout of the website.

Are there any long-term solutions to prevent certain ads from causing page loading problems?

Yes, website owners can implement stricter ad policies and monitor the performance of advertisements on their website to prevent any future page loading issues. They can also work with ad networks and partners to ensure that the ads being displayed on their website are optimized for faster loading times.