Anyone can help me to download this journal paper? ><

In summary, the conversation is about a person urgently needing help to download a journal paper that their institution does not subscribe to. Suggestions are made to contact the author or request the paper from their institution's library. Another option is to register for a free website that may have the paper available for download. However, the person is having trouble finding the download button and asks for someone to email them the paper, which is advised against. The summary concludes that the person will have to follow one of the suggestions given, such as contacting the author or searching for the paper on a different website.
yijing84
Anyone can help me to download this journal paper? URGENT ><~~

Dear friend, I am looking for this journal paper. Unfortunately my institution does not subscribe this. Can anyone here please kindly help me to get this? I really appreciate to get your help, this journal is really important for me study...
Thank you in advance...

Title: Water-Photolysis Properties of Micron-Length Highly-Ordered Titania Nanotube-Arrays
Authors: Varghese, Oomman K.; Paulose, Maggie; Shankar, Karthik; Mor, Gopal K.; Grimes, Craig A.

Source: Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Volume 5, Number 7, July 2005 , pp. 1158-1165(8)

Publisher: American Scientific Publishers

Physics news on Phys.org

I think it best to contact the author Oomman Varghese at Penn State.

http://www.mri.psu.edu/AboutMRI/contactUs.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

Astronuc's suggestion is a good one: authors of papers are allowed to send copies of their paper on request (in fact, some journals allow their authors to post full journal versions of papers on personal websites).

Alternatively if you don't want to 'bother' the author, since you are at an institution, you should be able to request your library to order you a copy of the paper in question.

You can register for free here

http://sciencestage.com/d/655586/water-photolysis-properties-of-micron-length-highly-ordered-titania-nanotube-arrays-.html

Astronuc said:
I think it best to contact the author Oomman Varghese at Penn State.

http://www.mri.psu.edu/AboutMRI/contactUs.asp

Thanks for your opinion, i will try to contact him, but i am afraid it takes time to wait for the reply... as i am in urgent to get this paper...

Last edited by a moderator:

cristo said:
Astronuc's suggestion is a good one: authors of papers are allowed to send copies of their paper on request (in fact, some journals allow their authors to post full journal versions of papers on personal websites).

Alternatively if you don't want to 'bother' the author, since you are at an institution, you should be able to request your library to order you a copy of the paper in question.

Thank you very much... its a good way to request my institution, but the overall process might be time consuming... =.=

unusualname said:
You can register for free here

http://sciencestage.com/d/655586/water-photolysis-properties-of-micron-length-highly-ordered-titania-nanotube-arrays-.html

Hi~~ i had registered for this, but i have no idea how to download it? Could you give me some clue please?? thank you so much!~~

yijing84 said:
Hi~~ i had registered for this, but i have no idea how to download it? Could you give me some clue please?? thank you so much!~~

isn't there a download button above the abstract? (You have to register, then reply to confirmation email first, i don't know if they filter email addresses to disallow public ones)

unusualname said:
isn't there a download button above the abstract? (You have to register, then reply to confirmation email first, i don't know if they filter email addresses to disallow public ones)

i had completed the confirmation step, however the download button does not appear.
Could I kindly ask for your help to download it and email to me please??

If there's no download link then unfortunately it isn't available there.

There are various papers by some of those authors on the Nano Archive http://www.nanoarchive.org/ , but not the specific one you've mentioned. So you'll have to follow the other suggestions eg contact one of the authors, you may get lucky and get a quick email response.

yijing84, it is illegal to ask for someone to circumvent procedure and send you a copy. Do not ask again.

1. How can I download a journal paper?

There are multiple ways to download a journal paper, depending on the source of the paper. You can check if the paper is available for free on the publisher's website, or you can access it through a university or research institution's library portal. If the paper is not available for free, you may need to purchase it from the publisher or use a subscription service.

2. Can I download any journal paper for free?

No, not all journal papers are available for free. Many publishers require payment to access their papers, while others may offer a limited number of free downloads. However, some papers may be available for free through open access journals or repositories.

3. How do I know if a journal paper is credible?

To determine the credibility of a journal paper, you can look at the reputation of the journal it was published in, the credentials of the authors, and the sources cited in the paper. You can also check if the paper has been peer-reviewed, which indicates that it has been evaluated by experts in the field.

4. Is there a limit to the number of journal papers I can download?

This depends on the source of the paper and any subscription or membership you may have. If you are accessing papers through a university or research institution's library portal, there may be a limit to the number of downloads per day or per month. If you are purchasing papers individually, there may be no limit.

5. Can I download a journal paper from any device?

Yes, as long as you have internet access and the necessary permissions or subscriptions, you can download a journal paper from any device. However, some publishers may have restrictions on the type of device or operating system you can use to access their papers.