What is the best video editing software for iPad and does it compare to iMovie?

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ipad
In summary, the best software for video editing on an iPad is LumaFusion, which offers professional level editing features and is optimized for the iPad's hardware capabilities.
rhody
Gold Member
With the knowledgeable crowd in this forum, I hope I guessed correctly that at least a few of you are using and iPad, and possibly that a few more are downloading and editing (using mini USB to camera or SD sim card adapter) video's from your HD camera, Contour or other brand. If you are, I want to know what custom software other that iMovie are you using, and second, does the iPad (Gen1) do a decent job of it. I am considering an iPad 2, but the game changer for me is the ease of use, long battery life and superior video editing software.

As always, thanks in advance...

Rhody...

Physics news on Phys.org
For video editing on an iPad, the best option I have found is LumaFusion. It's a powerful, intuitive, and easy to use video editor that has all the features you need for professional level video editing. Plus, it's optimized for the iPad and takes full advantage of the iPad's hardware capabilities. You can also use it with external storage devices like USB drives or SD cards.

What is an iPad?

An iPad is a type of tablet computer designed and marketed by Apple Inc. It has a touchscreen display and is primarily used for internet browsing, media consumption, and various activities such as gaming and video editing.

What is iMovie?

iMovie is a video editing software developed by Apple Inc. It is available for both Mac and iOS devices and allows users to create and edit videos with various features such as adding music, transitions, and special effects.

What is Contour HD?

Contour HD is a line of action cameras designed and produced by Contour, a company that specializes in adventure and sports filming equipment. The cameras are known for their compact, durable design and high-definition video recording capabilities.

Can I use iMovie on an iPad?

Yes, iMovie is available for iPad and can be downloaded from the App Store. It has many of the same features as the desktop version, making it a convenient option for on-the-go video editing.

Can I use Contour HD with an iPad?

Yes, Contour HD cameras can be connected to an iPad or any other device via WiFi or Bluetooth for easy transfer of videos and photos. The Contour app is also available for download on the App Store, allowing users to control their camera and view footage directly from their iPad.