Are you ready to become a SuperMember with Evo Now?

• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary, Evo has been promoted to Super Mentor. Everyone has turned green, and there are now Supers Duper Mentors and Supreme Beings. Evo is worried about what this means for her morality.
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo...you've been promoted!

Congrats Sis! I see you have a new GREEN tag! Well, we always knew you were SUPER. :biggrin: :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm green?

Looks in mirror...AGHH I'm green! :bugeye:

I guess all mentors are green now? :confused:

I haven't been promoted, I've been morphed.

Last edited:
:uhh: *looks around* Oh, you're right, all the mentors have turned green! Did Greg do that to add more green so the green quote buttons would stop sticking out like a sore thumb? :rofl: That, or you've all been spending far too much time boozing and smoking at the Suggestion Box. :biggrin:

Everyone's Super now. So what comes after super? Super Duper Mentor?

Moonbear said:
:uhh: *looks around* Oh, you're right, all the mentors have turned green! Did Greg do that to add more green so the green quote buttons would stop sticking out like a sore thumb? :rofl: That, or you've all been spending far too much time boozing and smoking at the Suggestion Box. :biggrin:
It's like in the Stephen King book Tommyknockers where they all start turning into those creatures due to exposure to the alien space craft. :bugeye:

The_Professional said:
Everyone's Super now. So what comes after super? Super Duper Mentor?
I do believe that Tom, Nereid and Self Adjoint are officially Super Duper Mentors and Greg and chroot are Supreme Beings. :tongue2:

A supah-dupah woman!

Yep, we are all now Super Mentors.. Now I wonder how ban someone...

Opps... I think I just banned Chroot!

Integral said:
Yep, we are all now Super Mentors.. Now I wonder how ban someone...

:rofl: I think Supreme Beings like Chroot have special shielding against you who merely have Super powers. :rofl:

[sucking up]Of course all the mentors were already super in my book.[/sucking up]

Integral said:

:rofl: I don't know if that's possible, but I do know that we're immune to warnings. I found this out one day after trying to warn a pesky little imp in the Philosophy section. The system told me that the user cannot be warned, and that he was in a protected usergroup. I was going nuts trying to figure it out. I thought he had hacked the site.

Then I realized that I had accidentally hit "Warn hypnagogue". :redface:

Hey, since all the mentors have acquired super powers, can I please be a regular mentor? :biggrin: :tongue2:

It's nice to know we're immune and can't accidently ban each other. :tongue:

I still don't feel right being called a super mentor. I always considered them to be the smartest and wisest. They need some special recognition.

Will the power corrupt me? Will I be drawn to the dark side and use my powers for evil?

Maybe. :blushing: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Evo, green becomes you.

From what I have read, you are smart, wise and deserving of the honor.

Congratulations!

Then I realized that I had accidentally hit "Warn hypnagogue".

Wait a minute... you mean that all this time you didn't have power over me? Bah, all the things I could have done!

Evo said:
I do believe that Tom, Nereid and Self Adjoint are officially Super Duper Mentors and Greg and chroot are Supreme Beings. :tongue2:

Isn't it impossible to have two supreme beings, since the concept of being a supreme being means that you are above all others, but if they're two then this can't be true, ergo they aren't really supreme beings?

franznietzsche said:
Isn't it impossible to have two supreme beings, since the concept of being a supreme being means that you are above all others, but if they're two then this can't be true, ergo they aren't really supreme beings?

Nah, I think it's more like lots of extra toppings. :biggrin:

Tom Mattson said:
:rofl: I don't know if that's possible, but I do know that we're immune to warnings. I found this out one day after trying to warn a pesky little imp in the Philosophy section.

Sorry. I'll try to avoid being philosophical in the future. :tongue2: (Not sure about the pesky part, but my closest friends do know I can definitely be a little imp :biggrin:)

Moonbear said:
my closest friends do know I can definitely be a little imp :biggrin:)

I don't want my eyes anymore.

franznietzsche said:
I don't want my eyes anymore.

How many hours have you gone without sleep this time? That makes no sense at all unless there's some new definition for imp you kids are using that us "old" people don't know about.

Moonbear said:
How many hours have you gone without sleep this time? That makes no sense at all unless there's some new definition for imp you kids are using that us "old" people don't know about.

It makes perfect sense, and i don't think you want to know. :yuck:

Tom Mattson said:
:rofl: I don't know if that's possible, but I do know that we're immune to warnings. I found this out one day after trying to warn a pesky little imp in the Philosophy section. The system told me that the user cannot be warned, and that he was in a protected usergroup. I was going nuts trying to figure it out. I thought he had hacked the site.

Then I realized that I had accidentally hit "Warn hypnagogue". :redface:
So you were forced to send hypnagogue a warning via PM instead, right? :rofl: :biggrin:

franznietzsche said:
It makes perfect sense, and i don't think you want to know. :yuck:

Oh, but now that makes me want to know more. If you can't post it on the board, PM me with the explanation.

Moonbear said:
Oh, but now that makes me want to know more. If you can't post it on the board, PM me with the explanation.

just put 3 X's before the word devious in the definition of imp.

Really, imp is a bad word now?

I'm so old. :cry:

franznietzsche said:
Like Moonbear said, supreme=lots of toppings.

Ok, Greg is EL SUPREMO. chroot is a lesser diety. Happy now? :grumpy:

hey, Evo, that's cool -
but from what Kermit tells me - it ain't easy being green!
parade of green smilies to follow..
:tongue: :approve: :tongue2: :biggrin: :yuck:

I wonder if green is the 2nd most popular smilie color?

Math Is Hard said:
hey, Evo, that's cool -
but from what Kermit tells me - it ain't easy being green!
parade of green smilies to follow..
:tongue: :approve: :tongue2: :biggrin: :yuck:

I wonder if green is the 2nd most popular smilie color?

I'm thinking Greg might have found himself a little Irish Lass that has him slowly turning everything green around here. :biggrin:

Hmmm... well, I must say it's pretty easy being blue. If anyone messes with me, I just throw them overboard!

(just kidding. really.)

- Warren

(If you guys had any idea how much time I spent looking for a picture of a nebula that matched my blue title and the site's color scheme, you'd think I was a total nerd. Well, you might have already gotten that idea anyway, I guess.)

- Warren

Errr, we already arrived at that conclusion. I derived an FRW solution to your posts on new years eve.

FRW?

- Warren

chroot said:
(If you guys had any idea how much time I spent looking for a picture of a nebula that matched my blue title and the site's color scheme, you'd think I was a total nerd. Well, you might have already gotten that idea anyway, I guess.)

- Warren

Well, then you can understand the chaos that will ensue now that over the next several weeks, all of the mentors will need to spend every spare moment hunting high and low for avatars to go with their new green outfits instead of their red outfits.

Nobody told me we were supposed to color-coordinate our avatars to the board color scheme. Well, at least you gave me a nice neutral tan ribbon, so everything matches that. Not like poor Gokul who will never be able to match anything other than the lime green quote buttons. :rofl: Fortunately, Evo is always fashionable in black and white.

Well, then you can understand the chaos that will ensue now that over the next several weeks, all of the mentors will need to spend every spare moment hunting high and low for avatars to go with their new green outfits instead of their red outfits.

And, the problem is?

Just call me ... Ahead of my time!

Wow, the more I look at it the better I like it!

Last edited:
.....What is it?

franznietzsche said:
just put 3 X's before the word devious in the definition of imp.
Don't worry franz, I got it. So it wasn't wasted.