Something wrong with PF clock?

• Thread starter Reshma
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the PF clock being behind the local time by 4 hours and the users discussing whether everyone is facing this issue or if it's just a problem for a few. The clock has been off for over a month and seems to be drifting on its own, causing inconvenience for users. However, it is now showing the correct time.
Reshma
I just noticed, the PF clock is nearly 4 hours behind my local time. Is there something wrong with the PF clock or am I the only one facing this problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, you're right. My profile is set to EST (-5 hours) but PF reports 4 hours behind EST.

9:14pm MST, 5:34PM PF time...

Don't worry the clock is about 4 hours behind me

Isn't everyone? :biggrin:

This has been going on for over a month now. I know it's not that big a deal, but it seems like a pretty simple thing to fix. What's going on?

The clock seems to have acquired a mind of its own and keeps drifting. It was only an hour off for a while, and suddenly jumped to 4 hours off. It means you're supposed to hang around 4 hours longer. :biggrin:

Well the clock seems to be showing the correct time now. :biggrin:

1. What is PF clock?

PF clock stands for "Process Finished clock" and is a system clock that tracks how long a process has been running on a computer.

2. What does it mean if there is something wrong with PF clock?

If there is something wrong with the PF clock, it could indicate an issue with the system's timekeeping or a problem with a specific process that is not being tracked correctly.

3. How can I troubleshoot an issue with PF clock?

To troubleshoot an issue with PF clock, you can try restarting the computer, checking for updates, or resetting the system clock. You can also check for any errors in the system logs related to timekeeping.

4. Can a malfunctioning PF clock affect other processes?

Yes, a malfunctioning PF clock can affect other processes that rely on accurate timekeeping. This can lead to errors and disruptions in the system.

5. Is there a way to fix a broken PF clock?

In most cases, a broken PF clock can be fixed by resetting the system clock or troubleshooting any underlying issues with timekeeping. However, if the issue persists, it may indicate a hardware problem that requires professional assistance.