Get FeynArts and FormCalc for Mathematica 8 - Installation Guide

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter mak_294
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, FeynArts and FormCalc are software packages for theoretical and particle physicists that are add-ons for Mathematica 8. They allow for the visualization and calculation of Feynman diagrams and scattering amplitudes, making them essential for theoretical calculations in particle physics. The installation process is straightforward and system requirements must be met. These tools are commonly used in academic and research settings, but a solid understanding of physics principles is necessary for effective use.
mak_294
Hey

I have Mathematica 8 and I'm wondering if FeynArts and FormCalc are already installed or I have to install them from somewhere else? If the first how I can get it?

Many thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Can anyone help?

1. What is FeynArts and FormCalc for Mathematica 8?

FeynArts and FormCalc are software packages designed for theoretical physicists and particle physicists. They are add-ons for Mathematica 8, a software program used for mathematical calculations and simulations.

2. What are the benefits of using FeynArts and FormCalc?

FeynArts allows for the visualization and calculation of Feynman diagrams, which are used to represent particle interactions. FormCalc allows for the calculation of scattering amplitudes and cross-sections. These tools are essential for theoretical calculations in particle physics.

3. How do I install FeynArts and FormCalc for Mathematica 8?

The installation process is straightforward. Simply download the installation files from the official website and follow the instructions provided. You will need to have a working version of Mathematica 8 installed on your computer before installing FeynArts and FormCalc.

4. Are there any system requirements for running FeynArts and FormCalc?

Yes, there are some system requirements that must be met in order to run FeynArts and FormCalc successfully. These include having a compatible operating system (Windows, Mac, or Linux) and a working installation of Mathematica 8.

5. Can I use FeynArts and FormCalc for my research or academic work?

Yes, FeynArts and FormCalc are widely used in the academic and research communities for theoretical calculations in particle physics. They are powerful tools that can greatly aid in your work, but it is important to have a solid understanding of the underlying physics principles in order to use them effectively.