Gravitational Vortex Power plant

In summary, the conversation revolves around a person's interest in the gravitational vortex power plant and their desire for guidance on how to find the optimal power for a specific model. They have shared a video of their prototype and expressed difficulty in finding information on the topic. However, they have not provided specific questions or shown effort in figuring out the problem on their own. Other forum members have also pointed out the need for more specific questions and effort from the person.
Narendraprasad
Does anybody here have any information about gravitational vortex power plant..?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes... I heard about the gravitational vortex power plant form my college seniors. I would like to do my project on it. Actually i am a little confused about getting an optimal model for a particular power.How the diameter of the vortex chamber and the outlet diameter should be changed for a particular inlet discharge...

Hi friends... Actually i joined this community believing i will get productive reply for the problems that i face in the progress of my project.. but now .. i have posted a problem and i am not even getting even two reply... Please help me out physics forum..

I replied to a similar question here
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=520878
about two years ago.
Maybe i was a bit unfriendly, but things haven´t changed much since then. Most of the technical information I linked to is in German, so you´ll have to translate.

Narendraprasad said:
Hi friends... Actually i joined this community believing i will get productive reply for the problems that i face in the progress of my project.. but now .. i have posted a problem and i am not even getting even two reply... Please help me out physics forum..
I think the problem here is that you've asked a very broad and vague question without showing even a hint of effort in trying to figure it out on your own. We're not going to do the entire project for you. What have you found/tried so far?

http://www.4shared.com/video/V56NOiOu/MOV01475.html?

The above link shows the video of the prototype that i made it showed the voltage generated to around 1.9V.
My aim is to find out how much power can be extracted from a particular model...and the dependence of inlet discharge , diameter of the casing and outlet diameter(at the bottom centre) on this... I was not getting much information from anywhere... I don't want you to do me the whole project.. but i think you can guide me in the right direction..

Narendraprasad said:
I don't want you to do me the whole project.. but i think you can guide me in the right direction..

We'd love to, but getting help finding the optimal power for a power plant design most of us have never even heard of is going to be unlikely unless you can help us help you by giving specific questions and delving into the math.

1. What is a gravitational vortex power plant?

A gravitational vortex power plant is a type of renewable energy technology that harnesses the power of gravity and water currents to generate electricity. It uses the natural flow of water through a vortex to spin a turbine, which in turn produces electricity.

2. How does a gravitational vortex power plant work?

A gravitational vortex power plant works by taking advantage of the natural gravitational pull of water. The plant is built on a river or other water source where the water can flow downhill. The water is directed into a circular basin where it forms a vortex and then flows out through a turbine, generating electricity in the process.

3. What are the benefits of using a gravitational vortex power plant?

One of the main benefits of a gravitational vortex power plant is that it is a renewable energy source, meaning it does not deplete natural resources. It also has a minimal environmental impact, as it does not require the construction of large dams or reservoirs. Additionally, it is relatively low cost to build and maintain compared to other forms of renewable energy.

4. Are gravitational vortex power plants a viable source of energy?

Yes, gravitational vortex power plants are a viable source of energy. They have been successfully implemented in various locations around the world, including Switzerland, Austria, and Japan. However, their effectiveness depends on the specific location and water flow conditions, so they may not be feasible in all areas.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks to using a gravitational vortex power plant?

One potential drawback of gravitational vortex power plants is their reliance on consistent water flow. If the water flow decreases or stops, it can impact the plant's ability to generate electricity. There may also be concerns about disrupting the natural flow of rivers and the potential impact on wildlife. Additionally, the initial construction and installation costs can be high, although the long-term operational costs are relatively low.