Is There an Ugly Sheep at Moonbie's Farm?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary, 10 ugly sheep have been found this lambing season. The problem is that they may just get made into lamb chops.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This is for Moonbie than anything else, since she deals with lots of sheep day in, day out...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/08/15/ugly.sheep.reut/index.html

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
So far only 10 ugly sheep have been found this lambing season, which stretches from April to September...
This comment is puzzling. They couldn't have done their survey at 10 minutes to closing time or I doubt they could have found this many. Still, their standards can't be that high if they've only found 10 ugly sheep in 4 1/2 months.

Maybe they did their survey at 23 minutes to closing time.

I bet there mama's still love them! Poor little baby sheeps.

Does the phrase "virgin wool" (comes from ugly sheep) spring to anybody else's mind? By the way where is Danger in this discussion?

Last night I discovered that there are inflatable sheep dolls. :blushing: :eek:

Evo said:
Has it occurred to you that you might be dating the wrong type of men?

Artman said:
By the way where is Danger in this discussion?
Right here, dude. I've been busy (damned clients :grumpy: ).
There is no such thing as an ugly sheep; they're all beautiful in their own special ways. :uhh:

:rofl: Yep, I've seen that. They're being too picky though. They only want Merino sheep from Australia.

The problem they're likely having is that the ugly lambs probably just get made into lamb chops.

The Sheep Thread

This may be the best spot for -

100_0047.jpg

BobG said:
Still, their standards can't be that high if they've only found 10 ugly sheep in 4 1/2 months.

Maybe they're getting lonely and drink a lot of beer.

Evo said:

...and you discovered this HOW? :rofl: :rofl:

I don't have ugly sheep. All mine are CUTE! :shy:

Ivan, do we have any pictures of Spot?

If we do they would be somewhere in that pile of boxes.

1. Can sheep be considered "ugly"?

Beauty is subjective and can vary from person to person. Some may find certain physical features of sheep to be unappealing, while others may find them cute or endearing. Ultimately, it is not fair to label a sheep as "ugly" based on our personal preferences.

2. Why would someone ask if you have an ugly sheep?

There could be a variety of reasons for this question. It could be a joke or a playful inquiry, or it could be a serious question about the health or well-being of the sheep. It's important to communicate openly and kindly to understand the intention behind the question.

3. Is there a specific breed of "ugly" sheep?

No, there is no specific breed of sheep that can be categorized as "ugly." Each breed has its own unique characteristics and physical features that make them special and valuable in their own way.

4. Do you have an obligation to respond to this question?

As a scientist, it is important to treat all questions with respect and answer them to the best of your ability. However, if someone is asking this question in a disrespectful or offensive manner, you have the right to decline to answer or address their behavior.

5. How can we promote positive body image for sheep and other animals?

One way to promote positive body image for animals is to educate ourselves and others about the importance of diversity and acceptance. Just like humans, animals come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, and each one is valuable and worthy of love and respect. We can also support ethical and responsible breeding practices that prioritize the health and well-being of animals over physical appearance.