Can i find more exercises and explanation online?

In summary, the conversation discusses difficulties with understanding the chapter on double and triple integration, as well as using polar coordinates. The person is looking for online resources for better explanations and more practice exercises. It is suggested to try working through the examples in the textbook and comparing with their solutions. It is noted that the subject used to be clearer in older editions of Thomas' book.
maximf
Basically I'm in a chapter about double and triple integration, integration using polar cordinates, etc...

I'm not a big fan of my book and it's not very clear to me , so maybe anyone knows where i can find online good explanation of the subject and maybe more exercises.

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
you could google it, but in general online books are less detailed than printed ones. try working the examples in your text, and then comparing with their solutions.

thi material used to be quite clear in the old editions of thomas, before the book became a committee work after his death.

Yes, there are many online resources available for practicing and understanding double and triple integration, as well as integration using polar coordinates. Some popular websites that offer explanations and exercises for these topics include Khan Academy, MathIsFun, and Paul's Online Math Notes. You can also search for specific topics on YouTube, as there are many video tutorials available on these subjects. Additionally, many universities and academic institutions have online resources and lecture notes available for free. It may also be helpful to join online forums or discussion groups where you can ask for help and clarification from other students or professionals in the field. Good luck with your studies!

1. Can I find exercises and explanations for specific topics online?

Yes, there are many websites and online resources that provide exercises and explanations for a wide range of topics. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Coursera, and Quizlet. Additionally, many textbooks and educational materials have online versions with additional exercises and explanations.

2. Are online exercises and explanations reliable?

This depends on the source and the quality of the material. It is important to do some research and make sure the website or resource is reputable and the information is accurate. Look for reviews or recommendations from other users to help determine the reliability of the exercises and explanations.

3. Do I have to pay for online exercises and explanations?

While some websites and resources may require a paid subscription, there are also many free options available. It is possible to find high-quality exercises and explanations for free online. However, it is important to make sure the source is reputable and the information is accurate.

4. Can online exercises and explanations replace traditional classroom learning?

No, online exercises and explanations should be used as a supplement to traditional classroom learning. While they can be a useful tool for practicing and reinforcing concepts, they cannot replace the guidance and instruction of a teacher or the interaction with classmates.

5. How can I make sure I am using online exercises and explanations effectively?

To use online exercises and explanations effectively, it is important to have a clear understanding of the topic you are studying. Make sure to read the explanations carefully and try to solve the exercises on your own before checking the answer. It can also be helpful to use a variety of resources and consult with a teacher or tutor if needed.