MOVIE: What the #$*(bleep) do we know

• Thread starter polyb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the film is a documentary about modern physics, neuroscience, and mysticism. It is said to be an interesting one to get others interested in our ecletic endeavors. It is also said to have a healthy dose of fiction. While the experts interviewed for the neuroscience part have questionable backgrounds, the film may still be entertaining. However, Deepok Chopra may show up with his "quantum" of conciousness and try to cash in on the film's popularity.
polyb
MOVIE: "What the #$*!(bleep) do we know"

Have any of you had the chance to see this film yet? Apparently it is a documentry concerning modern physics, neuroscience, and mysticism. Seems like it might be a really interesting one to get others interested in our ecletic endevours. Here is the home page:

http://www.whatthebleep.com/home.php

Apparently this started in Oregon and has been spreading via word of mouth and is making quite a splash! This one should be interesting! I just hope that Depok Chopra does not try to cash-in on this one with his quantum of consciousness, I really don't think he can spare it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think you should emphasize the mysticism part and downplay the science part. I looked at the list of "experts" interviewed for the neuroscience part. First, they are all physicians, not researchers, oh, except for the one chiropractor who apparently dabbles in neuroscience on the side. :eek: It still might be entertaining, but I wouldn't expect them to live up to their claims that it's real, not science fiction. From their cast of so-called experts, I'd say it will have a very healthy dose of fiction. On the other hand, if we all get to see it, maybe we can have a really fun time in the debunking topic. :biggrin:

I just hope Deepok Chopra doesn't show up with his "quantum" of conciousness!

Yeah it does seem like they are pushing for more of a modern mystcism angle which is code for book sales and vacation retreats for the gullable. :confused: I think I have seen a book or two from Fred Wolf, one the featured physicists, and he seems to be of the "Tao of physics" genre.
Either way it looks like it will be entertaining as well hopefully will give some more people a perspective on modern physics and some of the philisophical implications. Until they actual do the math, they will be bogged down in ambiguous concepts that will always evade their comprehension. Of course that is the driving "market" force for many book sales like "Tao of Physics". Perhaps they may elighten the public a bit. I can only Hope!

undisputed facts re: the film makers and the film...Propaganda??

1. In addition to the films three directors, there were actors and others involved in the production who are long time "students" of Ramthas' School of enlightenment.

2. A disproportionate amount of time was given in voice and film to Ramtha, Dr. Joe dispenza, and Miceal Ledwith.

3. Dr Joe Dispenza and Miceal Ledwith are both long time students and "appointed teachers at Ramthas' school of enlightenment (RSE)

4. Dr Joe Dispenza (the one who creates his day) has gone to court and testified that his teacher (ramtha) has told him that terrible times are coming and that he needs to protect his family. He also invested over $10,000.00 in an infamous scam that infected RSE and was touted by Ramtha as a vehicle to gain fabulous wealth and many of the schools membership lost substantial sums of money. Some lost their entire life savings.
This is the person who teaches the brain science in RSE.

5.Miceal Ledwith a clergyman with a rather dubious past (see http://unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=36&si=770458&issue_id=7565 ) is the one chosen by the film makers to be the theological spokesman. He is also the theologian in residence of RSE.
He also has been marketing several products within the school and its followers. Guess that could not have been done to easily in the Catholic church.

6. The following persons in the film have all spoken at RSE and sold books there.

Fred Allen Wolf
Dr Candice Pert
Amit Gotswami
John Haglin
Joe Dispenza
Miceal Ledwith
and of course the big guy himself, Ramtha

7. One of the scientists who was in the film and had never appeared at the school is Dr David Albert Professor and Director of Philosophical Physics at Columbia university.
He has stated in several venues that his views were totally misrepresented in the film. He claims that in over 5 hours of interviews he explained to the film makers why their concept of how Quantum Physics works has virtually no support in the scientific community.
He even called into a radio program the director was on to discuss this and was cut off. The host of the show said this was done because it was "negative"
so much for no good or bad, that is unless it is convienent.

8. To date, there has been no response as to where the information which lead to the story about the indians not being able to see the ships of Columbus originated from. There appears to be no evidence to support this claim. In addition, the film mentioned "clipper ships" which were not even in existence at that time. Perhaps that is why they couldn't see them.

There were many more, but I will leave them for others. If anyone has any information to refute any of the facts laid out here, I will be more then willing to retract them.

They are relevant because of the deliberateness on the part of the film makers to keep certain facts unknown (ironically, it is I making the unknown know) and misrepresent others.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the premise of the movie "What the #$*(bleep) do we know"?

The movie explores the concept of quantum physics and how it relates to human consciousness and perception. It follows a photographer who is struggling with her own reality and explores the idea that our thoughts and beliefs shape our reality.

2. Is the movie based on real science?

Yes, the movie incorporates real scientific concepts and theories, such as quantum physics, neurology, and psychology. However, some of the ideas presented are still being debated and are not yet fully understood by the scientific community.

3. Who are the experts featured in the movie?

The movie includes interviews with prominent scientists, philosophers, and spiritual leaders, such as Dr. Candace Pert, Dr. Joe Dispenza, and Dr. Amit Goswami. These experts share their insights and theories on the relationship between science and spirituality.

4. Is the movie meant to be taken literally or figuratively?

The movie uses a combination of narrative storytelling and documentary-style interviews to present its ideas. While some parts may be based on real science, others may be presented in a more metaphorical or symbolic way to provoke critical thinking and exploration of the concepts.

5. What is the main takeaway from the movie?

The main message of the movie is that our thoughts and beliefs have a powerful influence on our reality. It encourages viewers to question their perceptions and explore the idea that we have the power to create our own reality through our thoughts and actions.