Best Telescope for under 1400$.

• Stargazing
  • Thread starter themadquark
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Telescope
In summary, the conversation discussed purchasing a telescope for astrophysics purposes, with a budget of under 1.4k. The desired capabilities included viewing of Jupiter, the moon, Saturn, Venus transit, and various deep space objects. The recommended scope was the Orion 10" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph Reflector Telescope, with suggestions to also budget for solar filters and other accessories. There was also discussion about the quality and legitimacy of images seen on various telescope websites, with the conclusion that visual observing may not be as impressive as digital imaging. Suggestions were also made for a computerized GoTo Dobsonian Telescope and a DSLR camera for astrophotography.
The LXD75 is 10" f5 SN. The LX75 is an 8" f10 SCT. The AT6RC is 6" F9. A .5 focal reducer is a bad idea on an f5 scope, but, probably good for an f10 or f9. For a discussion of DSI vs DSLR, see http://cs.astronomy.com/asy/astro_imaging/f/15/p/41073/420955.aspx. It's pretty much a never ending jousting match. From my POV user friendly is the number one issue for intro AP, and a DSLR wins that battle hands down, IMO. I would never recommend a CCD to a novice AP'r. That, admittedly, is a personal choice.

<h2>1. What features should I look for in a telescope under $1400?</h2><p>When looking for a telescope under $1400, it is important to consider the aperture size, which determines the amount of light the telescope can gather and therefore affects its magnifying power. Additionally, consider the focal length, which determines the telescope's magnification capabilities, and the type of mount, which affects stability and ease of use.</p><h2>2. Can I see deep space objects with a telescope under $1400?</h2><p>Yes, with a telescope under $1400, you can see many deep space objects such as galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters. However, the quality of the views may vary depending on the aperture size and other factors.</p><h2>3. Is a computerized or manual telescope better for under $1400?</h2><p>It ultimately depends on personal preference and intended use. A computerized telescope may be more convenient for beginners or those interested in astrophotography, while a manual telescope may offer a more hands-on and traditional viewing experience.</p><h2>4. How important is the brand when choosing a telescope under $1400?</h2><p>Brand is not the most important factor when choosing a telescope under $1400. It is more important to consider the specific features and capabilities of the telescope, as well as reading reviews and recommendations from other users.</p><h2>5. Can I upgrade my telescope under $1400 in the future?</h2><p>Yes, many telescopes under $1400 have interchangeable parts and can be upgraded in the future. However, it is important to research the specific telescope and its compatibility with different upgrades before purchasing.</p>

1. What features should I look for in a telescope under $1400?

When looking for a telescope under $1400, it is important to consider the aperture size, which determines the amount of light the telescope can gather and therefore affects its magnifying power. Additionally, consider the focal length, which determines the telescope's magnification capabilities, and the type of mount, which affects stability and ease of use.

2. Can I see deep space objects with a telescope under $1400?

Yes, with a telescope under $1400, you can see many deep space objects such as galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters. However, the quality of the views may vary depending on the aperture size and other factors.

3. Is a computerized or manual telescope better for under $1400?

It ultimately depends on personal preference and intended use. A computerized telescope may be more convenient for beginners or those interested in astrophotography, while a manual telescope may offer a more hands-on and traditional viewing experience.

4. How important is the brand when choosing a telescope under $1400?

Brand is not the most important factor when choosing a telescope under $1400. It is more important to consider the specific features and capabilities of the telescope, as well as reading reviews and recommendations from other users.

5. Can I upgrade my telescope under $1400 in the future?

Yes, many telescopes under $1400 have interchangeable parts and can be upgraded in the future. However, it is important to research the specific telescope and its compatibility with different upgrades before purchasing.